Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time boxer owner. I am on the search for a boxer for our anniversary in july.I never knew about testing because we just had rescues, now that i am going to buy a puppy.I want to assure they are health tested and DNA clear of ARVC, and i guess DM ? I have reached out to a few, most say no issues but no testing, have 1 that has said they have tested both and both are DM carriers. But clear ARVC, and the other breeder just said father has been tested.

It seems with so many BYB in florida, it's hard to find a tested boxer... I've noticed pricing is about 1500 no matter tested or not! Of course, some cheap on craigslist etc.. but, those are self explanatory. Having paid nearly 20k for halters and meds and testing with our boxer who had ARVC and cancer..I want to do my due diligence. We will spay/neuter so breeding isn't the goal!

Any florida suggestions? I am in tampa area. I cannot post in other forums.. yet? i guess!

thanks

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Any florida suggestions? I am in tampa area. I cannot post in other forums.. yet? i guess!
Sorry I'm not familiar with breeders in Florida, I keep looking in the general area as one day I may be looking, I'm in Louisiana but would drive to find the right pup. You will be able to post anywhere in the forum after 3 posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts