Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.  I'm new to the boxer world.  I've owned Pitbulls for most of my life and think most of them are great dogs, however, a few weeks ago, my latest Pitbull of three years attacked me, leaving me with pretty significant injuries.  I had him destroyed the next day, but wanted another dog.  I have kids, aged seven and nine, and wanted a dog that would be a good pal to my family and also protect us and our home.
    I now have an 8wk old male boxer, and a 7wk male mini-Dachsund.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry about your injuries - scary stuff! Your kids will love and be loved by your boxer baby!! Boxers and kids were made for each other :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMGosh!! i am sorry to hear about your injuries, but glad to know you are ok. such a shame about your pitbull as well, so very sorry that happened. I do want to say congrats though on the newest addition. They are the best dogs, and i couldnt never be with out a boxer in my home :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Salt Lake City.  I'm so sorry to hear of your injuries and hope that you are going to be alright.  We look forward to hearing about your new boxer and doxie babies, and seeing lots of pictures of them.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum!! I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. You and your family will love your little boxer baby... along with the other puppy... they are just way to cute!! We LOVE PICS so don't be a stranger!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
wow thats tough..im sorry to hear that..hard thing to swallow..but im glad you are ok..and so are the kids...

welcome to the forum im sure youll luv it here

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
You will love your boxer as well as the fam. I am sorry to hear about your tragic experience. Hard to get over injuries and losing a family pet as well. Well I think you will find this forum family most welcoming and full of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That must have been heartbreaking...you will LOVE life with a boxer...they are amazing animals...sweet and gentle as can be and yet great guard dogs when needed...we sure love ours!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!

Sorry about your injuries. That's a real shame when a family pet turns. Can't wait to see pics of your new furkids!  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry about your injuries.  Welcome to you and your family.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Very sorry to hear what happened with your Pit, that is so sad..Hoping you are feeling better...Congrats on choosing a boxer, they are made for kids as they are just a big kid themsleves. Look forward to hearing more about him and your Doxie as well...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  Congrats on your new addition!  Very sorry to hear about the whole situation with your pitbull.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about that. I've only had our boxer puppy Fredo for just over a month but I have to tell you these dogs are amazing. He is the sweetest and most intelligent dog I've ever seen. Sadly, we got Fredo after we had to give up our Boston, Elvis because of a medical condidtion we were not in a position to treat.  I wanted Elvis to get the care he needed so I had to give him up. That was the worst day of my life but in a way it was a good thing because it did led us to Fredo. You're going to be very happy with your decision to get a boxer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts