Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello to all fellow boxer owners.

My name is Krystal and I just recently was blessed with a beautiful white 8 month old boxer names Macy.  We happened to come across her on craigs list.  My husband and I have been looking for a boxer but we are not into purchasing from breeders we want the animals that no one else wants.  We figure they deserve a good home too.  We took her over night for a trial run with our other animals and almost instantly realized how special she is, Macy is deaf.  The old owner did inform us of this and we were worried about her handicap to begin with but she has shown us that she does not have to hear to love.  She is so smart in only one day she sits and lays just by signing to her.  I found myself that first night sleeping at the bottom of the bed so that she could have my spot because she was having nightmares, big mistake, no she thinks that is her spot.  We have only had her for a few days but I find myself upset wondering why no one has wanted her.  I don't think I have ever known a dog so sweet and smart.

Any advice on how to train and things I should know about deaf dogs would be greatly appreciated considering this is my first and hopefully not my last.  

As you can see in the pics below we are in the middle of a remodel of our kitchen and she was a great job site supervisor!  :lol:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Your Macy is just beautiful. Kudos to you for giving that pretty girl a good home. There are a lot of people with deaf boxers on here and I am certain you will find a bunch of information on training, etc.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ky is the woman to talk about working with deaf boxers!  Welcome to the forum, I love that you rescued your baby.   Bless you!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Your baby girl is so darling!! It's wonderful that you came into her little life!! Both of you are blessed!!

Welcome to the Forum!!

XOXO

Julia and Bibby

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
hello from canada and welcome. if you look in the training section i think there is a thread or a sticky on training deaf boxers...i might be wrong tho. Glad you took her in she looks so big ! she is beautiful tho. congrats on your new edition

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Kudos to you for taking in this beautiful white girl...not sure how someone could give up a face like that!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum Krystal and Macy.  What a sweet looking girl, they will definately steal your heart.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to you & Macy, she's a lovely girl :) We do have a few deaf Boxers on here,so I am sure you will get some good tips..One of the best is teach hand signals, which I use with mine and they hear fine, when they choose to :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is so super smart.  I taught her sit, down and stay all in one day my only problem now is getting her attention but some of the other members are helping me with some other websites.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Macy got to go to the dump today we decided since she started the job with us yesterday she had better be there for the clean up all though she wasn't much help   :lol:  

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
:) Lol, looks she is more interested in meeting new friends....That's cute

1 - 17 of 17 Posts