Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are cleaning our dishwasher with Bleach and it started to leak onto the floor  8O Sadie went over to it when my back was turned (before I noticed the leak) and I think she may have licked a small amount of it  :cry:

I gave her some water but WHAT ELSE DO I DO? If she ingested any it was not much, but just in case, is there anything I can give her?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis did that samething with the toilet..i had put bleach in and walked away just to cleant he shower right there..and she drank out of it..i was like DUH MORON DOESNT IT SMELL BAD?

if im not mistaken LOTS of water...but call the vet & ask...b/c i could be wrong i cant remember ...

JEEZ SADIE..lol..hug her for me..lol goofy girl..shell be fine..Isis KEPT ON drinking ..weirdo..and she was fine..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OKay, just got off the phone with the eVet and I guess we did everything right...we gave her a cup of milk and a piece of bread and apparently that was the right action! We just need to give her another cup of milk before bed and watch for drooling or vomiting.

The vet said with her size she could have tolerated about a 1/2cup to a cup and there was only 1/3cup diluted in the dishwasher and she only if any had a few licks...phew!!!! I'm such a worry wart...

Isis and Sadie sure like to get into trouble!! I'm just glad she'll be alright  :)

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"96395 said:
[quote="maplesfolks\";p=\"96307":2xtczck6]my boss drank a cup full once before he noticed he was drinking bleach lol, so should be fine just give plenty of water :)
I'm not sure I have words for this one....lmao[/quote:2xtczck6]

LMAO ... I was thinking "should I even ask??!"

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
msdiamonddawg\";p=\"96398 said:
[quote="DieselsMom\";p=\"96395":mo8lxrij][quote="maplesfolks\";p=\"96307":mo8lxrij]my boss drank a cup full once before he noticed he was drinking bleach lol, so should be fine just give plenty of water :)
I'm not sure I have words for this one....lmao[/quote:mo8lxrij]

LMAO ... I was thinking "should I even ask??!"[/quote:mo8lxrij]

lol he was in his kitchen talking with his wife he had a glass of water and she had a glass of bleach 'cause she was cleaning, they both sat their glasses down while talking he picked up what he thought was his glass to drink, but it was the glass with the bleach :) tada! lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
A friend of mine growing up had a Chow who stuck his hole snout in a bucket of bleach and water.  He had a blond snout for several months until it grew out.  Looked very funny with nearly white hair and a blue tongue.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Just caught this Alexa, how's Sadie doing? A small amount shouldn't really bother her badly, but sounds like you got all the bases covered...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
wow i dont know how i missed this one. I really hope Sadie is ok....thanks God you had some quick reactions and did the right thing. My goodness Sadie, what in the world were you thinking. Hugs from me and big sloppy boxer kisses from Chance!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am going to have to keep that in my list remedies.  Hope Sadie is doing well.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Sadie is 100% fine. She is her crazy old self...we were a little worried last night and we thought her face started swelling; it was just our minds playing tricks!  :)  I didn't think it would have an effect, but right when it happened we googled "dog drinking bleach" and it came up with some pretty terrible stories, so it freaked us out a bit!

It's good to know about milk and a bit of bread helping when bleach or other cleaning agents are consumed...keep that in my back pocket in case Miss thing decides to start guzzling cleaning products again.

Bleach smells sooo nasty...what was she thinking? I can't imagine the taste... :roll:

Garrick-She is getting a BIT better at the counter surfing...hence "bit" we found out if we leave the drawers open she won't jump up..haha our kitchen looks a bit weird with all the drawers pulled out but our food is safe  :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm just catching this thread, and happy to hear Sadie is doing good.  What is it with these crazy fur kids? Don't they realize these things stink really bad and maybe they shouldn't lick them?  :?  I have to watch that Maddie is no where in sight when we add chlorine to the pool because she is right there. Geez...she eats soap, likes the smell of chlorine, she is just not right!  :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts