Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please.....both of my boxers ate a baggie of dark chocolate cookies this morning!  There were about 8 or 9 cookies in that baggie.  Does anyone know what I should look for that would mean I need to rush them into vets.???? ANy advice or help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Liz you do have a point there!  I just found out from my boyfriend that he did indeed talk with our vet. today about this....so I feel kinda goofy for having posted this concern!  It is all good.....we just need to watch out for the diarrhea....oh the fun there!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
lol...one halloween about 9 years ago, I remember our great dane getting into a big pillow case of candy.  I think he ate all the reese's cups and a ton of other stuff.  Come to think of it, that's about the only bad thing he ever did.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Toxic in large amounts and also in small amounts over time.  I had one lady that felt in small amounts it was okay.....and for a long time it was.....she fed her little dog one peanut butter cup a day for about 2 years and eventually it got its liver.....So my suggestion is none at all....

Side note:  If by chance your dog eats anything it should not have make them drink peroxide and it will cause them to vomit before the food is taken into the main stream of the body......

·
Registered
342 Posts
not sure this is correct but,  I have heard that for the most part is will just upset their stomach.  they have to eat 1 pound for every 10 pounds of body weight for it to be lethal, so nobody let your little teacup dogs get into the chocolate

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I found this info in something I had at work to clear up the thing on chocolate and the toxic level for dogs...

Theobromine is the thing in chocolate that makes it toxic to dogs.  

The minimum toxic level of theobromine to a dog  is 100-200mg/kg. The level of theobromine depends on the type of chocolate. A level over 200mg can be a fatal dose.

Theobromine releases epinephrine. This causes an increase in the dog

1 - 10 of 10 Posts