Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old, female boxer puppy.  Today she has been acting a little off from her usual, full of energy, bouncing off the walls self.  She threw up last night and a couple times more during the day.  She's been sleeping all day today and when she isn't sleeping she is just lying down and resting.  She keeps changing positions every so often.  Also, she seems to be babying her rear, right leg and not puting any weight on it.  She hasn't eaten or drank much today, except for what my wife and I brought to her while she was laying down.  Could it be growing pains or something more serious.  I'm ready to take her to the vet right now because I just don't know what to do and I can't fix her.  :cry:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would get her looked at today. Sometimes they grow so fast that they can experience a hairline fracture of a bone very easily, it happened to my last little guy.  It could be she is vomiting because she is in some pain.  You wouldn't want her to be hurting herself anymore if it is something like that.  Hopefully it's not, but mine recovered in about three weeks and only took a couple of more to get it back to being able to use it normally.

We'll keep our paws crossed for her.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ahhh, give that girl a hug and kiss for me..I would definitely take her in, better to be safe you know. Could very well be nothing, but generally if a dog starts vomiting for no reason, there is a reason. The pain could be bothering her & that would cause her to be restless too....

Please keep us posted...By the way what's her name?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts