Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10month old male boxer (Oscar) and anytime there is fresh dirt he digs in it.  Although our new yard does not have any fresh dirt, my husband and I recently did some landscaping where we used fresh dirt to level out an area and then covered the dirt with landscaping paper and then topped it off by putting wood chips over that.  I have caught Oscar eating the woodchips, which is now the least of my worries, he has been digging up where the landscape paper meets the sidewalk to the fresh dirt underneath.  Any ideas on how to stop him from digging.   FYI he will eat anything so I am not sure if a type of spray will work unless anyone has something I have not yet tried.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi! Odin loves to find area's in the yard that show dirt and dig. Sometimes he just tears up the grass and then digs. I know boxers are suppose to be big diggers. Make sure those wood chips are safe for animals I know some wood chips and mulch can be very dangerous. I don't have any helpful idea's I just tell him no.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome to our house!  Gunner (11 mos) is our digger.  He will dig anywhere, anytime.  He digs in the dirt and the mulch too!  He is a chewer too.  He eats anything :x   We have used bitter apple spray with much success but the crazy little guy will go behind me while I'm spraying and lick whatever it is I've sprayed.  YUCK!  After that, he seems to leave it alone.  

I have heard that after filling the hole to cover it with a mesh wire posted in the ground with landscape spikes and then lay down seed.  They will not dig there again because they do not like the feel of the mesh under their nails.  I have not tried this but am seriously thinking about it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Don't ask me...

... mine's actually digging some kind of den for himself!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL... LOVE THE VIEW! I wonder if I have pics of Lady when she dug her den. She wasn't a boxer but she had this hole that was like 6 ft long at LEAST! The first foot and a half was visible but the rest was literally under ground... sturdy enough you could walk across it. I was in awe.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Both Buck & Tia went thru a phase where they dug, but they grew out of it, thankfully..Now Angel, I don't think will..I can ask around with other people that I know and see what they would suggest...

Welcome to the forum, your Oscar is a cutie... :)

Lol Caillou, where was Voltaire trying to go? China perhaps? Loved that picture

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.  On my way home today I stopped at Lowes and picked up some Critter Ridder (has some type of white pepper oil in it).  We sprayed it all over the area and he just sniffed but didnt dig.  I dont know how long this will work and the 1st time may have been some kind of a fluke but cross your fingers.

Thanks Again!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Bruyere\";p=\"8996":2bsmyg5a]

·
Registered
977 Posts
No! I haven't been digging! What makes you think that? :D

O.K. then, I just had a little dig...and i'm sorry... :cry:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Caillou, that brown nose is a dead give away, isn't it? That is too cute...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:rofl:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What an adorable face.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I absolutley LOVE Volitares face!!!!!! OMG hes soooooooooo chubby. I want smooshy faces from him!!!! Even with the brown nose.

·
Registered
977 Posts
That dirty little brown smoochie face then likes to wipe itself across my clean clothes or couch! You wouldn't be loving him then :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
caillou\";p=\"9472 said:
That dirty little brown smoochie face then likes to wipe itself across my clean clothes or couch! You wouldn't be loving him then :lol:
Oh yes I would!!  :goodman:  Send him to me!!    :bscomehereyou:  C.O.D.!!!!   :winkle:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts