Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding a pet friendly hotel in North East Philadelphia (near Penndel, PA)... I'm not leaving the dogs behind to stay with bfs mom anymore.. I REFUSE!! So, I'm packing them up and they're going with!!! We're going to a family reunion and they can't attend it.. I'd rather see them cooped up in their crates at 3-4hr intervals in the hotel then run the risk of Toby attacking another dog or something bad happening because bfs mom can't keep him under control (he's too much dog for her at 92lbs). He does whatever I tellh him to but doesn't listen to bfs mom... And they treat Mia like garbage because everyone dotes all over her so I won't let them be around her if I'm not there..... Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You can get on hotels.com and specify a pet friendly search.  You can do the same on yahoo travel.  They may charge you a bit of a fee for it, but they are really good about pet fiendly lodging.  Thta is how I found my hotel the last time I traveled with Lilly.  Even though she's a service dog and can be anywhere I go (including a regular old non-pet friendly hotel), I choose to stay at hotles that aren't going to give me crap over having her there.

If you need more assistance, let me know and we can see what we find that isn't horribly expensive.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I think you just need to call hotels and see if they are pet friendly. Some don't even charge a pet deposit. I know a lot of Holiday Inn's, La Quinta's, and Country Inns and Suites are pet friendly. Good Luck...I know I hate leaving home without them too!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree with the going online......the hotels should let you know if they are dog friendly or not.  Good luck....especially with the car ride!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Here's another site to try Kenya..Marq & I were just talking about this same subject as we want to take a trip down to the gulf after the holidays and don't want to leave the kiddos at home....I've stayed at a La Quinta in New Orleans, dog friendly, I think all of theirs are actually. Some require a deposit and some have a dog limit as well. Holiday Inn Express is also an option, they seem to be dog friendly. :)

http://www.petswelcome.com/

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... I'm not paying a non refundable $100 deposit for each of them.. Thats nuts! I have enough respect to make sure they stay in their crates and not demolish the place! The cheapest I've found is $75 but only one dog and it has to be under 30lbs.. Most of the ones I've looked at only allow one dog per room...  :(  If I can't find one by mid August, I'll have to stay home... Not letting her keep them...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most Motel 6's are pet friendly, give it a try and call around.  You can always try orbitz and specify that you are looking for a pet friendly hotel.  Good Luck.

Nicole

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ok everyone....while this is NOT the most honest, why not claim one dog, and sneak the other in.  Since you are a responsible pet owner, what would the problem be??  AND they will be crated while there!!!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mia will be just turning 4 months old.. But what really irked me was that the person I spoke with at one of the hotels said they had to make sure they're nice so when the room cleaners come in they won't have a problem..

How do I know Mia won't be stolen?!? I know Toby won't be.. lol good luck going near his crate.. But I DO NOT feel comfortable with people going through my stuff while I'm not there...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay.. I called Red Roof Inn that was closest to the place where we are going to be at the picnic.. The guy was a straight up smart ass with me saying they had a no pet policy and this and that...  :roll: I told him on their website it said dogs under 80lbs..  So I asked to speak with his manager and he said that he couldn't do that.. Grrr.. I'm about to jump through the phone and choke the guy at this point.. So I hung up and called the head 1-800 # for ALL of the Red Roof Inns.. Spoke with the main supervisor and she said I could take Mia AND Toby along and that when I make my reservation to let the front desk know BOTH dogs will be going with and she gave me some # to give to the people who take my reservation so they know I'm serious..  :D So I'm pumped right now...

The sad part is... We may not even go now..  :roll: I called my dad to let him know I could bring the dogs and things were working out.. He cut me off immediately and said the kitchen ceiling fell in (on the 1st floor)!!  8O  I'm like WHHAATTT???  Apparently, the back part of the toilet on the 3rd floor was cracked and leaking for like 2 days and the water was dripping down through the walls and started to build up abovethe kitchen.. And eventually just fell in... So now he's complaining that he'll have to replace that and see where it puts us in terms of costs to drive to the picnic, pay the picnic fees, and pay for 3 diff. hotel rooms.. Grrr... Craziness...

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Bf's mom keeping the pups is out of the question, but what about a kennel?  

I very rarely have to leave my pup behind, but when I do, there is a really good kennel near by that he goes to.

Sorry about dad's kitchen!  We're praying for you guys!

Hugs,
zhanna

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't send Toby to a kennel.. With the training that Liz wants me to work on (he's VERYY unsocial - fear aggressive i think?) I can't send him there.. He won't eat and it would do more harm than good..

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Ahh i am sorry this has turned into an issue. i can undestand not wanting to leave your babies behind. Even when i am gone over night up to OK i hate leaving the girls with anyone because they are soo skittish. I to am working with liz (your great!!) on this behavior. Sending out postive thought that things get a little better!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts