Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my pup Apollo (he'll be 4 months on the 18 of June) home about a week ago and noticed a small bump on his head, thinking it was just the normal bump some boxers have as puppies. However a few days back I noticed that it's gotten quite large and I am really worrying about what it could be. It's about the size of a golf ball now, soft to the touch and moves underneath his skin. Can anybody help me identify what it could possibly be so I have some insight before taking him to the vet.The picture of him in the car is the first day i had him, second was a few days later, last two were taken today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Would definitely go to the vet to get it checked as soon as possible.

My guy Zuke had a tiny bump(like a small pimple) on his shoulder at about 4 months and within 2 weeks it was about the size of a ping pong ball. Turned out it was just a benign cyst. Don't remember the name but the vet said it was pretty common. They cut it out because of the location. Has a tiny scar but no problems or new growths since.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
7,017 Posts
It's a goose egg.....your puppy keeps bumping the top of his head on something, typically furniture such as chairs or coffee tables.

You can apply a soft ice pack to it 2-3 times a day to help with swelling. It will go down on its own over time as long as he doesn't hit his head again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
My girl had a bump too that kept growing as she grew. Took her to the vet terrified of cancer. By now there were two separate lumps. Thank goodness the biopsy came back non-cancerous. I would take him to the vet just to be on the safe side instead of waiting as long as i did.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts