Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a newbe!! I have a half boxer /half siberian husky (Lanna) that I had since she was 5 months old. She was very difficult to housebreak but after 2 years it was done. I then was informed of a boxer that was in a shelter and I couldn't resist. I was told that his approx age was 3-5 years old. that was last year. His name is Bronson. We moved about a week afer I adopted him and in that week he was great! he would not have one accident in the house. Now that we are in our new home about 7 months now, he is constantly doing #2 in the house at night when we are sleeping, or when we go out I have even cought him peeing on the wall a couple times. I don;t know his circumstances before I adopted him he was a stray, but his tail had been clipped so I know he belonged to someone. I do not want to yell at him, although he knows how upset I am, because I always think that he might have been mistreated before. I don't know what to do. He is so sweet. Does anyone have any tips that could help me? I know he knows that it is wrong because when I come downstairs and see the mess he puts his head down and lies down and will not move, he just looks very scared. Please someone help. I will take any tips that I coud.

THank you everyone,
Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
He's adorable.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum...Both Lanna & Bronson are cuties.....It's hard when you adopt a dog to know what has happened to him in the past. So a lot of time you are just flying blind on things...Learning as you go...It's possible the move may have upset him, esp as this started at that time....I know Samson hates change and he's gone thru a lot of change since I rescued him at the age of 6..Separation anxiety could very well be the cause, new house, unfamiliar surroundings....What Nano suggested could work for you, Bronson may just need to be closer to you since the move.

Good luck and please keep us posted if any of this helps... :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forums.  :)

I really don't have much to add. I think Nano gave you great advice about letting him sleep in your bedroom at night and using a crate while you are away. Good Luck, and let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts