Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some pics of our new puppy 'Ellie' (registered name is Ellie Mae Vegas Huch), last fall and truly intended to get involved here at Boxer Forums, but with four kids, a business and a puppy, well...that never happened.

Things have changed over the past several months (more time available) and we went out in search of a 'brother' for Ellie.  In our search, we explored the option of adopting because we there are so many in need.

The first day of searching I found myself on Craig's List.  I did spot a boxer, but no luck getting in contact with the person looking to re-home the 3 yr old (it was in the neighboring state, but we were willing to make the trip). I checked again the next day and there was another boxer and this time it was in our area and he was 10 months old, the same age as our Ellie.

We exchanged a couple emails and after weighing all the responses (over 20), they decided that they were very interested in what we had to offer their 'Bernie'.

At this point, I was really happy that they were interested in us, but still had questions. We continued to ask questions and exchange emails. Through this process we discovered that Bernie, was from the SAME breeder and litter, as Ellie. So needless to say, this was SO meant to be, and we grabbed him up. So COOL!!!

We have decided to rename him, BUT we are having such a hard time. I have included his pic, in hopes of some ideas. We just can't figure out the 'right' name.

Every time I look at him, I feel like the perfect name is RIGHT THERE. I feel like there must be a perfect name for him, but I am unable to produce it :(

He has one blue eye and one dark eye. He has a few light brown spots on his body. He is a big boy. He is a major lover...so gentle and sweet. Big sloppy kisses and slobbery. He is the complete opposite of Ellie (we often wonder if Ellie is Human).

PLEASE HELP US!

EDIT: Some of the names that our family/friends have suggested (kids 5-16 plus my hubby and I) are Jack - Jack Frost, Jack Black, Jack Skellington, Jack Sparrow, Deuce - second dog, two patches, Skulls - yep, our family likes 'em, Bones, Rock(y), Ollie or Skater (from our skateboarding son), Slash (from our colorful twin daughter), Thor (Our 16 yo daughter's friends suggestion), Punch, Boxer

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hmm..sounds like a "Beverly Hillbillys" show ( NO insult to your pups..they are STUNNING!) But have you thought along those lines?? Hmmm scrath that..I just realized a dog named Jethro Beaudine might sound odd..LOL

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, he's a handsome boy, the brindles patches around his eyes really make the different eye colors stand out...What about Jedidiah, or Jed for short, I kinda like the "Beverly Hillbillies" idea...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like Samsonsmom's suggestion of Jed. You could also consider Dash; Dash Riprock was the handsome character that was trying to "get" Ellie May.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Vegas\";p=\"128747 said:
IHe has one blue eye and one dark eye. He has a few light brown spots on his body. He is a big boy. He is a major lover...so gentle and sweet. Big sloppy kisses and slobbery. He is the complete opposite of Ellie (we often wonder if Ellie is Human).
When I read that I thought "Major" too

·
Registered
537 Posts
Patch???

He is quite cute BTW

G

·
0 Posts
more name decisions!  these are so tough.  i keep looking at him to see if something would jump out, but nothing yet.

good luck, he is such a handsome boy.  i love the different colored eyes.

·
Registered
696 Posts
He looks like an Axl or a Rossi to me. Not sure why those names came to mind when I saw him, but they did.

I do like Deuce, though. :)

Or, since you're son's a skater -- Hawk (Tony Hawk).

What a beauty!! Wow! Congrats!!

I just thought of, KO - for Knock Out - going along w/the boxing theme. ;)

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
He is too sweet.

I like Bandit, its got attitude and he almost looks like he is wearing a bandit's mask with his two eye patches :D

But love the names of the pirates from the POC, maybe you should just call him Pirate?? :D

Good luck and let us know what you decide,whatever it is im sure it will be really cool. :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I think he looks like a Jack and Ollie... it goes with Ellie too! Major is nice... we thought about the name Thor for Odin along with several other norse god names. Good luck with the name game!

·
Registered
904 Posts
That is SO neat that they are from the SAME litter...what a coincidence! I wish you luck with him and I hope he learns his new name quick ! :)

I like the name Slash a lot for him.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
RyleighsMom\";p=\"129009 said:
That is SO neat that they are from the SAME litter...what a coincidence! I wish you luck with him and I hope he learns his new name quick ! :)

I like the name Slash a lot for him.
I see Slash and Axl...does anyone see a theme here? How about Bono? Or Elvis? That would work with Ellie.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I'm no good with names and it sounds like you have some great choices from everyone to choose from!
Congrats on your new addition...he is a cutie!! Really cool that him and Ellie are littermates!!
Can't wait to see more pictures of both of your babies...keep us posted on the name you choose!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much for the ideas so far! We are looking at all of them, and hope to make a decision very soon. We will let you know what we choose! If you have any more ideas, we welcome them...

Thanks again. You are great!

~CC

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Oh he's just adorable and amazing that they are from the same littter!!! What are the odds of that?????? I confess to liking names that "go together" hence Donner and Blitzen. The EllieMae name just makes me smile since I'm old enough to remember the original Beverly Hillbillies :lol: What about Driesdale (sp?)  or Clampett,  (can't help it, I like Jethro too)??? Silly of me I know! Whatever you decide, can't wait to see and hear more about your babies!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts