Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I think she brought them home when we went camping.  4 days ago she was given a Sentinental pill for heartworm but it's also suppose to take care of fleas.  She's scratching all over like crazy and she can barely settle down right now, it's bothering her so much :(:( and I don't know what to do for the time being.  Everything is closed, I'm suppose to be sleeping since I work night shifts right now.  

Someone suggested Garlic on a mom board that I belong to.  She's a reputable breeder that breeds Danes and some other dog that looks funny to me lol.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Give her a bit of benidryl (sp?) for the itching..

Maybe she got misquito bites or something? Or maybe she's allergic to something she touched? You never know..

I do Frontline flea drops just because its worked for me thus far and I'm not going to fix something that isn't broken...  :wink:

Good luck and let us know!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i have heard a little garlic powder in the food works well. I was thinking about trying it myself. Our heartworm meds dont work for the fleas.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
give her a bath in an oatmeal shampoo or even a homemade oatmeal bath (a for real bath that is)...

That can help with the itching...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But this stuff isn't available for me right now and I have to leave in an hour to go to work.  There's no one home but me (she's coming with me).

I googled that garlic powder helps also so I gave her a bit.  Tomorrow I'll pick up some oatmeal if she's still feeling like this.

My poor baby :(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
do you have plain old cooking oatmeal at home?  You can dump a cup and a hlaf in some luke warm water in the tub and she can soak a bit while you get ready for work...the all you have to do is rinse, dry and go...should help

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adding that the garlic may of helped.  I know she reaks of it already lol and she's sitting under my chair all comfty and sleeping.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Awwww i am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now...I wish i was closer i would bring you some oatmeal! I hope everuthing works out ok for you and maggie!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Not sure how young of a puppy this can be give to, you may want to check with your vet.  Each capsule of Benadryl is usually 25mg and my vet (many others on the forum) say 1mg per lb of dogs weight.  So 1/2 should be OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts