Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going thru information overload looking for a breeder.  There are SO many boxer breeders and I am simply looking for THE one.  :)  I am live in Northern Virginia and willing to travel to meet the right breeder/dog.  It is important to me to find a healthy boxer because I am looking to add a boxer to my active lifestyle.  Running, hiking, agility (for him) are my plans.  Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Have you looked for breeders on the American Boxer Club web site? That might be a good place to start. I know this forum doesn't advertise or list breeders. You can look for Boxer Clubs in your area and then e-mail the club to see if anyone in the club is having a litter. Another good place to find reputable breeders is dog shows and agility/obedience/tracking clubs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theresa,

I've looked and emailed.  I also went thru the list(s) up above that are stickied by State, and left emails for a few of the breeders.  However some of the links were outdated, expired, and some of the breeders are no longer active.  I know that today is a holiday and that it may take awhile to hear back, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone browsing the forums knew of any local leads for me to check out.  

I thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sorry, i can't help with finding a breeder... but i wanted to suggest that you look into boxer rescues in your area.  A new pup wouldn't be able to join in your active lifestyle until about 18 months of age- this is when the growthplates fuse and they can safely be taken running/jogging or walked on a leash for extended periods.
Many boxers in rescues are young 1-2 year old) dogs that are given up just because they do not receive ENOUGH exercise and the previous owners give up on them rather than working with them.  IMO your active lifestyle would be a perfect home and chance to rescue a boxer in need :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got my boxer from a breeder in MD near WHITE MARSH.She still has ****I THINK**** a female and some male's left.
this is the mother first littler,all the puppies are adorable.
If you are still interested i will get you her E-Mail.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I highly recommend Amity Hall, EWO, and Krayon, all of which are in the MD/VA area.  There are a few breeders in PA I would recommend, but I can't remember kennel names off the top of my head as I haven't stalked them as much yet, even though I compete in the show ring with them often.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="pj77\";p=\"175355":1aq3fwzq]I am going thru information overload looking for a breeder.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes please look at rescues too if you don't need to have them from the puppy stage.  

Our clown is a rescue and was 10 months when we got him last year.  When it is time to get him a brother or sister, they will come from the same rescue place in Norther Virginia.  

Where do you live in NoVa?  There is a rescue place in Reston (Reston Boxer Rescue).  An older lady runs the rescue but she has a great heart.  I included the link to her site if you want to check them out there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I personally know Amity Hall and Krayton....we can't advocate specific breeders, but they are who I spent my time with in Maryland. They are listed on the Maryland Boxer Club web site. I am pretty sure they have 0 litters, but can help direct your search.

Beth from Amity is now a friend of mine and runs Boxer Haus, an online boxer marketplace. She is helpful and kind. She is also a member of boxerforums. She can atleast give you great advise.

Others can pm you with other specific recommendations, but I am pretty surprised local breed clubs did not get back to you. That is too bad.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
This thread has been brought back from the dead. Check the original post date and the originator's only two posts are on Sept 01 in this thread. Have to assume pj77 is no longer interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts