Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boxer Lily errupted in around 10-15 wart like spots over 3 days. The vet prescribed anti-biotics and took skin scrapings and sent them off the the lab, she rang and said they were MCTs. I am in tears.

the odd thing is that the spots came up about 3 weeks ago and now are going, some are not there any more, there are no new ones. The dog is not showing any signs of being ill at all.

Can someone tell me if they think this is odd or if it does sound like MCTs.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My boxer Lily errupted in around 10-15 wart like spots over 3 days. The vet prescribed anti-biotics and took skin scrapings and sent them off the the lab, she rang and said they were MCTs. I am in tears.

the odd thing is that the spots came up about 3 weeks ago and now are going, some are not there any more, there are no new ones. The dog is not showing any signs of being ill at all.

Can someone tell me if they think this is odd or if it does sound like MCTs.
After reading a bit about them previously, it doesn't seem all that odd. I think the important thing is to find out type and grade. That will determine what type of treatment or if any is needed.

There is some really good literature about it online. I wouldn't get to worked up until you know exactly what you are dealing with. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts