Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, please, please help!  My 10 month old boxer Jake was doing such a wonderful job at not peeing in his crate.  Now all of the sudden he was doing it two and three times in a day.  We took him to the vet and he did have a UTI and was on antibiotics for two weeks.  It has gotten better, but he still pees at least 3-4 times in a weeks time.  Has this become a behavioral issue?? Or does he just think it's okay to go there?  I am at my wits end here...(sigh)

Steph

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm sure you've cleaned the crate but maybe try a stronger cleaner, there might still be some remanants of an odor...

Is he doing it when youre home or only when youre not around!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We use an  industrial cleaning agent, and we have tried bleach as well.  When he had his infection, he didn't care when he did it...we crate him when we're at work, and my boyfriend is able to go home for lunch for an hour so he can let him out, but when he comes home, it's usually too late. (It never was an issue before)  And he usually wakes up dry for me when I get up for work at 5 am, but on my days off, my boyfriend wakes up at 6...and by then, he's already peed in his crate.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="sheming\";p=\"59595":11iky9aw]We use an

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I am having the same problem with Lucy. She always goes before I leave for work and when I come home she has peed and sometimes even pooped in her crate. It makes me crazy and like you I clean it out really well each time! My thought is that I might have too big of a crate. I may switch it out if she continues this pattern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking the same thing...We have an extra large kennel, and I'm going to put in a barrier today to see if that helps.  I'm thankful he doesn't poop in his crate.  But I wonder sometimes if it's because he didn't have him fixed...do you think there's any sort of connection?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i dont believe the not neutering him would be any connection, but i could be wrong. most likely he has too much room right now, hopefully once your put the divider up it will help things a bit.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yeah the poop thing really sucks...just what you want to come home to after a hard day at work, ya know???  :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts