Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, I have a 8 week old pup and she inhaled a piece of dry grass by accident (sniffed in through her nose). I took her to the vet and they are charging me $700 dollars to take it out. Do you guys recommend any other alternatives? Will this piece of grass harm my dog or will she evetually cough it out? thank u guys in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't see it doing any harm. It's just a blade of grass and if your pup is anything like mine was, they consume much worse lol.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Heh,I swear they could have cow genes...Valant eats a lot of grass.

That vet is a thief....look for another one.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I think I might look at other vets also, I can't imagine that a blade of grass is going to do her any harm. SuzyQ is always burying her face in the ground and snorting and sniffing, she probably has inhaled lots worse things than grass.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seriously, the vet wants what? They could have just told you the truth, that she will eventually sneeze or snort it out. If there was no chemical treatment on the grass and her nostril doesn't look irritated and she is not digging at it, I would just wait. And I would definately find another vet! Vet's should have the best interest of their dogs and owners in mind NOT THEIR POCKET BOOK.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Is the pup having any breathing problems? Aspiration is not something to mess with
Their systems works pretty much the same way as ours,debris going in the wrong tunnel would have the dog gasp cough and eventually spit it out...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Their systems works pretty much the same way as ours,debris going in the wrong tunnel would have the dog gasp cough and eventually spit it out...
So you are saying that the piece of food that my moms dog aspirated, that led to aspiration pneumonia, and cost 800 for surgery, would have been coughed up? Depending on the symptoms and severity, it definately may need a surgery.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know nothing about dog health so I won't pretend to offer advice here...but it is true that people can aspirate too...usually fluids like vomit or other things...can be deadly when it becomes a pneumonia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank You guys for the feed back. I truly appreciate it and my pup seems to be doing grate! dang petsmart vet tried to fool me =(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts