Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the second day with Maddie (4 years old) and our new 2 year old boxer Miller. This morning was good, Miller was much more relaxed. Maddie is quite territorial over food and the kitchen. Everytime she started we corrected her. My question is should I let both of them eat out of each other's bowls to emphasize sharing or keep them at thier own bowls. Maddie actually was blocking Miller from coming in the kitchen. Any one have any advice???

Also I also noticed Miller and a red third eylid, anyone know about that?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would say keep them in their own bowls and I have also asked this questin before and got that answer

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would also keep them at their own bowls, and pick them up after they are done eating so neither tries to guard their bowl even without food.  They are still getting used to each other- so the less stress factors the better at this point.  It would even be ok to feed them in separate rooms so Miller feels more comfortable too. Are either crated? i feed Delilah in the kitchen and Felix in his crate.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely make sure they keep to their own bowls.You may actually want to try feeding in separate rooms for a bit as well...Not sure about the eyelid, I'm sure someone else, Sharon probably can answer that

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had that same issue when I first brought Niko home.  Mo was very territorial.  Still is at times...lol!  Mo would guard the kitchen and sometimes both bowls.  I feed one in the kitchen and one in my dining room.  No problems now.  Mo will still growl sometimes at Niko if she's sitting with me and Niko comes near but they do get along great now.  But I would give them seperate bowls in different rooms.  That worked great for us!  Good luck to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts