Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me out....
I have two boxers (brother and sister) who will both be 10 in June.  Our female is losing the
use of her back legs, I think they call it the German Shephard disease.  I want to get her some type of wheelchair device to help her get
through the summer.  Has anyone out there had this problem??????  if so, any advice?..........thanks.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Sorry to hear the sad news :( . We had a boxer with bad arthritis in her knees and talked about fusing the joints with the vet. We decided to try medication instead. Deramaxx did wonders for her. Rimadyl wasn't as affective and made her stomach upset.

I found these links on Google that might help:

www.wheelchairsfordogs.com
www.k9carts.com
www.doggon.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to hear about your boxer baby. I have not had any experience with this disease myself. But personally i would suggest looking into vetrinary orthopedics. That may be where you will get the most help finding wheelchairs.

Sarah

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would have to say consult your vet. If your baby is in pain then you need to discuss that also with your family and vet. Our last boxer, Bruno, was 12 years old when we had to put him down. He was suffering and in pain due to his cancer in the hind leg. He was eat up with cancer even though he had surgury to remove the tumor. The vet was not able to get all of it and this was his second surgery for the same tumor. Long story short, we had to make the decision to put him down because he was our baby and he was in constant pain even with meds. Just something you might consider as a last resort if your baby is in pain. I know it would be hard but I am here for support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts