Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..

I sent Mercedes out to play this morning and she came in like this. We've seen little scrapes before, but this is huge. Can you advise me on what to do to protect this? Do I even need to do anything as I'm assuming that she can care for this on her own, but I need your advice. She does not seem to be in pain, nor is she lame at all.

Thanks,

GT

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Maybe a little neosporin or anti-bacterial ointment to keep it clean.   Just watch it and IMO the air and keeping it clean and attended to shall make it heal up on its own - poor baby.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
OUCH :(  8O

Get well soon Mercedes!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"124306":26woei2m]Maybe a little neosporin or anti-bacterial ointment to keep it clean.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
A question about the suggestion of the topical creams. Won't she just lick them off? I imagine those creams are pretty tasty and it would be gone in 30 seconds.

Thanks for the thoughts. I knew I could rely on you all.

GT

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
the best time to do it is when sleeping and to rub it in well.  They will lick some off but enough should soak in to stop an infection.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree with what has already been said....just wanted to add that you could also put it on and then offer a treat or chew of some sort to keep interest away from the leg....if you cant get anywhere with keeping the Neo ointment on there then just clean it with peroxide daily and it will heal on its on.....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ouch, poor baby..It won't hurt her to lick the Neosporin, just frustrating to you, cos she's undone all your work :) Hoping it heals real quick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts