Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went home to let Porter out and to take him on a walk.  After our walk (which he was acting totally normal through), he drank some water and begged for his lunch.  I poured some of his food in his dish (he usually eats too fast, so I pour it in 1/3 C at a time) and he ate like three bites super slowly.  Then, he went outside and threw it up.  There were chunks of food as well as what looked like wet food (but we don't give him wet).  I had to put him back in his crate as I had to come back to work, but I am super worried!!!  HELP!!  What's going on?!   :cry:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I don't know if this means anything, but after he threw up, he wanted to eat it but i kept pulling him off of it.  He didn't ever eat anymore of his lunch. But he DID eat two little treats I gave him.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
He could have ate his food too quick....or did he drinks lots of water before or after eatting? Bubba has drank way to quick before, and either threw up his water, or even his food. I would just keep a eye on him....But thats what i think it may be.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
did you recently increase his food intake? somewhat drastically perhaps? I know Maple did that when we'd try giving her more food, so we would have to increase her food very slowly.  I hope that's all it is and hope he feels better soon :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, yeah we did.  The vet said to give him a cup three times a day, so we started this on Saturday and he's seemed fine with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Binga usually drinks water too fast and then throws up.  I have to give her a TINY bit of water with her food.  Then after she eats I give her a little more.  Its gross when they want to eat their own mess   :(

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
That would be my guess, just 'cause it happened to us 3 different time, the first time freaked me out 'cause I didn't know why she was doing, and she'd try to it too, I think they do that because it's not fully digested so to them it's just food.  Maybe give him a little less and increase a bit till you are giving him the desired amount.  Someone else might have a different idea to the cause, good luck either way :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really hope you're all right...  I just worry about him so much already and I've only had him a week.   :cry:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: HELP! Porter Threw Up His Food! UPDATE

So, I went home on my break to check on Porter and sure enough, he was acting normal.  He even ate without throwing up.  I brought him back to the office with me just so I can monitor him a little closely.  So far, so good.  Except he keeps farting.   :lol:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Re: HELP! Porter Threw Up His Food! UPDATE

[quote="laura11982\";p=\"117267":1cgqbmol]So, I went home on my break to check on Porter and sure enough, he was acting normal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not yet.  He did eat some of his food normally when I got home.  Plus it was pretty hot when we walked so he may have been dealing with that too...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
To slow him down, place a large ball or a rock in his bowl, he has to eat around it...Or spread it out on a cookie sheet..Yea, plain, non fat yogurt is good..If you canfind one with probiotics, even better :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts