Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
My home-town(Chehalis, WA) has flooded. I grew up there and just a couple years ago we sold our house and moved out of state. I still spend a lot of time there, as much as I can anyway! This is the worst flood ever, we have had a couple really bad floods(1990&1996), but this is worse than either of those! Below is a link, for those of you who haven't heard and/or seen it:

http://www.king5.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=198714
http://thefairandbalancednews.com/Flood ... /index.htm

My God-daughter(4months old) and best friends have lost everything, including their home and all their possessions.She needs all of the necessities for her and her husband and the baby needs diapers, wipes, formula, clothes, blankets and much more. It's not just my family and friends, it's our entire community...It's awful, so many people have lost EVERYTHING, homes included....Not to mention, so many places of employment have flooded, most of these people can't even go to work and get a paycheck! I know it is right before Christmas, but if anyone has anything at all, let me know and we can get it to them! Please Please keep our friends and families in your thoughts and prayers, as this is rough on everyone!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Re: Help, prayers, anything will help!

i have some stuff i can give...we just went through my hubby's winter clothes and were going to drop it to the salvation army. i would be willing to also donate diapers, wipes, blanket, toiletries , etc. just need to know what sizes everyone wears, i will ask my friends as well.so sorry about your friends and your hometown. keeping everyone in my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Re: Help, prayers, anything will help!

Yes, let us know sizes and stuff.  I have clothes, shoes, boots, toys, books that I could donate.  Let me know how to go about this!  I hope they're doing as well as can be for the moment and glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Help, prayers, anything will help!-GOOD UPDATE

Just a quick update-Things are really starting to fall back into place. Stores are opening back up, so people are able to go back to work. And my family and friends are back in their homes or have found new places to live! Hopefully I will be able to go back in January and see them all! Anyway just wanted to share the good news :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

That is good news, thanks for sharing that with us.... :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

It is great that things are starting to get better, thank you for keeping us updated

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
wow... that is terrible.  I will try to send some stuff also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts