Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Help - She is peeing in our bed!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Skylar 
#1 ·
Lucy has peed in our bed like four times now and last night was the first night I caught her. She was scratching and circling like she was about to find a comfy spot to lay down and then all of the sudden she squatted and peed. I spanked her all the way out the back door. She sat out in the backyard for like 30 minutes until I told her she could come back in. The thing that gets me is she does not have accidents in the house anymore and knows to go outside, these are the only accidents (going in our bed) she has had in probably a month. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
I wouldn't recommend spanking her for this.  She knows who did it and I'm sure didn't do it intentionally. I do understand your being upset about it though. It is very possible that she has a UTI.  That would be my first check I would have done at the vets.  Call them and bring in a urine sample when you go.  Best sample is first catch in the morning.

Nano

#4 ·
It also could be urinary incontinence which is quite common with spayed female dogs, thought usually older than yours.  That can be remedied most times with medication.  Always check for UTIs first though.

Nano

#7 ·
Sadie (not a boxer, but close enough -- my pit bull) peed in my bed twice her entire life. I never actually caught her doing this, but of course... found it later. Sadie was not sick with a UTI or anything like that - it was a dominance issue.  She was peeing on the side of the bed my husband slept on, seriously.  They had major dominance, respect, and all sorts of issues.  I put her on strict NILF (nothing in life is free) and made her work for everything again.  She wasn't allowed on the bed for probably a month or two, not that she understood or even remember the next day why she wasn't allowed on it.. but I haven't had a problem with her doing that since.  

I would look over the hierachy within the family and, for as hard as it will be, make sure she is the lowest peg.  Make her wait to eat, wait to play, go through obedience training, crate when you're not watching her.. all sorts of not fun things, but necessary things.

Good luck!

P.S. I woudl still get the UTI thing checked out just to becareful.  But yes, I would beleive that if she had a UTI she would be letting go in other places of the house and not just your bed.

#8 ·
Thanks. She is in OB training now and I am doing most of those things you listed. Gosh, why is it so hard to treat them like dogs instead of kids?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.