Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. We recently adopted this beautiful girl and we were told she was a pit/lab. However we are convinced that she she is a boxer mix. We are trying to figure out what she is mixed with to predict tempermant and appropriate training methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello. We recently adopted this beautiful girl and we were told she was a pit/lab. However we are convinced that she she is a boxer mix. We are trying to figure out what she is mixed with to predict tempermant and appropriate training methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

I would suggest getting one of the dog dna kits if you really want to know for temperament, etc. I have seen them anywhere from 60 - 90 dollars. Think one of the most popular is Wisdom Panel.

Very cute pup though whatever the mix.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
DNA test would be the only way to know for sure??? That said I've never seen a Lab with that coloration?? My guess would be a Boxer or Pit, Lab mix. There are several of each on here and I started with a APBT/Boxer mix myself.

My Stewie, APBT/Boxer was freaking brilliant! He actually reviled my GSD in that regard! Easy to train and no "Blow Back" as it were. My baby girl Struddell (White Boxer) luv of my life ... well I'll simply say "Butt loads of patience required!

She would be a very nice intro if you decide later on the get a PB Boxer. But if you do get a "BOY!" She's cute in any case ... welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I too would get a dan test to see. shelters seem to not get it right lots of times. I do see maybe some lab or hound and possible some boxer too. Very cute puppy
Is it the ears??? Seem kinda like hound/Beagle like???

I've never seen a Beagle/Boxer mix ... that I am aware of?? :)

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Yes the ears, seem very large, long and forward ... helps to trap scent. Most likely the puppy would enjoy games that revolve around tracking toys, objects, things??

With my Band Dawg Gunther, Bull Masstiff/APBT (LAB) I did not really care about the Lab part but I like the Puppies. And Dad was 1 st generation APBT/Bull Masstiff ...magnificent, looking and a nice dog! But Gunther ... you could not really see the Lab but he luv'd people and liked to track.

I never gave it much thought, it was just something we did. I tried to get struddell to learn tracking as a game .... yeah .... good luck with that. Sigh ... not worth the hassle. Cute pup and I would expect a pretty people luving, easy going doggy, with out to much trouble. But the coloration and build look like Boxer to me. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts