Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Help - We have a Gas problem!!

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bubbaboy 
#1 ·
I finally get them all switched over the the Nutro Ultra and now Lucy has terrible gas! Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Thanks Theresa - that would be great. They love the food, their coats and stools are looking awesome so I sure hate to switch anything at this point.

#8 ·
I am already adding 2 t. of pumpkin to each meal but haven't tried yogurt. Maybe I will add a splash of that tonight.

#9 ·
I'm guessing it just means they are eating REALLY good stuff...if you think about some of the things that give us gas...cabbage...fruits, veggies...it's actually a GOOD sign!LOL! (I know, we are in a bedroom with THREE boxers who are champion tooters...so, I DO know how bad it gets!) If you find something successful, let us ALL know! ;)

#12 ·
Nonfat plain yogurt helps with gas.  You may have to switch to some other food, though if it becomes too much.  Believe me, I know the hassle of finding just the right food.  Got Ringer on Merrick and he started gaining weight and stopped licking himself constantly but had terrible diarrhea.  Switched to ProPlan sensitive stomach and he now has gas and is licking constantly but is maintaining his weight and doesn't have diarrhea anymore.  Will have to make another switch soon to maybe Canidae to see if we can get the right combination.  Gotta wait till the proplan is almost gone, though.  Can't afford to keep throwing away food. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.