Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I have decided to get another boxer within the next few months. Now we are already having issues with names. We made a deal when we got Chloe, I could pick her name and when we got a male he could pick it. Problem is he is set on the name Ami (pronounced AH-me). It was his Uncle from Germany's name and he loves it and I would too if we lived in Germany! I tried telling him people would think our little guy is a girl because that's just another spelling of the name Amy.
Chloe is still always being mistaken for a male and it drives me nuts!  Any suggestions for a German boy's names???

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like the name "Kaiser", it means "king".  But whatever you decide, congrats on the decision to get a new puppy.  I would love to get another but my dad doesn't want any more dogs.  There is already 4 in my house, plus my 4 cats.

·
Registered
302 Posts
German is my specialty (German relatives, lived in Germany for five years, speak the language)...

Here's a few suggestions of German male names and their meanings that might go good with a Boxer... I'll throw in some extra "A" German names, since your husband seems to like the "A" sound.

Adalric/Adalrik - Noble friend
Adalwolf - Noble wolf
Adel - Noble
Adler - Eagle
Aksel - Father of peace
Amell - Power of an eagle
Armand   - Of the army
Dieter  - The people's ruler
Fremont  - Guardian of freedom
Helmuth - Helmet, protector
Lear  - Of the meadow
Odell - Little wealthy one
Roland  - From the famous land
Ulbrecht  - Form of Albert
Vilhelm  - Form of William
Warner - Defending army
Zelig  - The blessed one

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Nice selection of names OdinsDad. I was getting ready to dig out a couple books, but I think you got it covered pretty well...I like Odell & Zelig....

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I like old fashioned names.  My husband's family is German.  They have names I like.

Fritz, August, Ernst, Van, and Albert are some names in our family.  I think Fritz is my favorite.

Good luck! :D

Zhanna

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay now I got too many names I like! lol...
Zelig, Amell, Odell,Fritz and a few I found last night.
Alvin- friend to all
Coen- Brave
Baron- young warrior
Bren- flame
Zeven- town in Germany (figure, maybe hubby would like it because it's where his uncle lived)
Now, help me narrow it down..lol  Glad I started this months before actually getting the puppy. Hubby is so hell bent on this name Ami tho, it's got me nervous but I'm stubborn I'll win this one!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oooh...I love the name Fritz! I would actually call him Fritzie!  I like Baron too. Adolf is a good name too, but it goes with the whole Hitler thing. What about Otto? I actually like that one too.  Chloe and Otto....Fritzie and Chloe....Baron and Chloe....hmmm.... :roll:

·
Registered
302 Posts
tootsie\";p=\"13099 said:
Oooh...I love the name Fritz! I would actually call him Fritzie!  I like Baron too. Adolf is a good name too, but it goes with the whole Hitler thing. What about Otto? I actually like that one too.  Chloe and Otto....Fritzie and Chloe....Baron and Chloe....hmmm....
Mastray and I have eight Ferrets... one is named "Otto" and another is named "Fritz"... but I always call him "Fritzer" (Fritzie is too feminine... especially since the German use of "der", "die" and "das" for masculine, feminine and neutral).

·
Registered
627 Posts
My uncle actually had a German Shepherd named Fritz.  I think it's a really good name.  I like Baron also.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Here are plenty names both masculine and feminie; My favs are at the bottom

Aberhard (no meaning, it

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I like Zelig!!!!!!!!! Ive decide on mine lol As hubby an I are going to be getting a new pup :lol:  His AKC name is going to be RoAnna's Cozzy Cosmo lol ????????? Who knows though it may change! His call name being Cosmo lol or RoAnna's Raisin Nell??? :lol:  :?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts