Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tink had a knee replacement when she was younger because a girl kicked her off the bed and she landed wrong. She had the surgery, and she was to be put on Glucosamine chew able tablets. We are running out, and are hoping there is a different place to order other than the vet, they aren't exactly low in price. Are there anyone on here who uses it, or someone like it. We live in canada, and i cant seem to find anything that is strictly from CA/
Help would be great.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been using GlycoFlex.  Willow uses it also for Samson.  I order it on line from AlliVet.com.  Just google it and check out the different sites.  At time they have different promotional orders and free shipping on orders over a certain amount.  I'm sure you can find a good deal on line.  I think Willow and/or Sharon will weigh in on this one with some suggested sites also.

G

·
0 Posts
until i started grinding my own raw for glucosamine, i got a bottle of liquid glucosamine w/msn at walmart for about $12. for good sized bottle. i was told the dose for a dog was 1/2 a human dose.  i'd put about a tablespoon in their food.

here's walmart canada's glucosamine results:

http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/storel ... ll&tabId=0

don't see liquid, but they may have it in the store.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can use the human stuff for dogs?? and this is just liquid stuff? Do you put it in their food, or give it to them straight?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
When my Rottweiler had joint/arthritis problems, I was told that shark cartilidge was supposed to work well....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I use Glyco Flex 3, but yes you can use human Glucosamine as well...When I brought Samson home, his foster mom gave me the bottle that she had..Glucosamine, chondroitin & msm....I spend $ 35 for a bag of 120 chewable tablets, that lasts me 2 mos...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts