Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i have a question about my boxer's ears. They were cropped, we got her at almost 4 months and her ears were pretty close to being done. She is now almost 7 months old. The left one is perfect but the right one is thinner at the top and we have had trouble getting it to stand perfectly like the left one does. We havent re posted them for a few weeks now. Is this just going to be her, or should get back to taping again and try to leave them up for as long as we can between tapings? Thanks so much for your advice.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think at 7 months her cartridge has pretty much set - however some keep the tape on as long as it takes for them to stand but some ears won't ever stand right. Just depends upon the cut and the cartilage and ear quality.

This is the problem that most face and is why most don

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been going through this with Hondo for months now. We cropped at 10 weeks, he is now turning 7 mos on the 6th and I am still tapeing.
I can tell, at least on Hondo, the cartilage in his ear that falls is far from being as hard as the cartilage in his ear that stands.
I usually tape for a week at a time.
When I tape his ear i started rolling the tape backwards on itself so it sticks on his ear and use that as a post to wrap around.
Then I start tapeing the ear from the top down.
I joke about it but I have more money in his ears than I paid for him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your quick responses! I wish you luck with your Hondo. I am realizing that the top of her ear flopping a little is not so bad.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel has one ear that is a bit wonky, kinda flops around a bit....Rhonda said she had never had a Boxer with such thick ears before, which I guess makes it harder to keep them upright..Looks kinda cute to me, but you all know I prefer floppy anyways  :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts