Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just adopted a new boxer which came with health certificate from seller's vet.  Here's the question -- dog has dark eyes, but the area under the eyelid in one eye is white and in the other it is red.  I've seen many boxers that appear to have red instead of white around the dark area of their eyes, but wondered if this is normal, or is this a problem that should be looked at.  Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The color is less of an issue as the eye discharge.  If the eye discharge is clear then I wouldn't worry about it.  

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
80 Posts
My vet said it was the eye canal that discharges fluid. When the eyelid on the bottom kind of rolls inward the discharge is affected, and the eyes are red, and there will be a build up of boogers there.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
HITECHBOXER\";p=\"18728 said:
My vet said it was the eye canal that discharges fluid. When the eyelid on the bottom kind of rolls inward the discharge is affected, and the eyes are red, and there will be a build up of boogers there.
That is a commpn thing with alot of dogs that have "saggy eyelids" It is called Entropion and normally affetcs the lower lids.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mia does in one eye... She looks like she has a "floater" (lazy eye)..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts