Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boy am i  in for a ride i need help big time  actually i have him in the cage because he wont stop biting me and when i put him in the cage he is starting to tear up his bed is this normal? he is now 9 weeks old potty trained some mistakes but no big deal to me. i now take him out for walks and to go potty but i do have a wierd shift for work , i get up at 1:30 am and leave at 3:00am i do not return untill 11:00am ish . iwould like to get him on somewhat of a schedual. anyways i really need some help with training and getting off this guilt trip he is putting me on

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Yes, puppy behavior and he isn't happy.  He is just a baby and needs some reassurance.   I would leave on a radio for him when you leave and give him a nice chew to keep him busy and take his frustration out on when you put him in the crate.  Make sure you give him a decent time of play before you go to work. Dogs do eventually conform to your schedule but it takes a little time for them to adjust. That is a rather long time for him to be in a crate without a bathroom break, but it seems that he is doing it.

Nano

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good morning what is a good chew toy for my little guy it seems to calm him but i stay and watch him, i dont want him to choke, i bought him these mini dingos he seem to bee doing fine but i dont want to put him in his cage with it  and is it wrong to put him in his cage tostop biting us?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Oh yeah, puppy behavior for sure!! He's checking the boundries and bite inhibition is something they learn over time. Lots of people, us included have had success with letting out a big YELP and stopping ALL attention for a few minutes. This includes talking to,  or even looking at them. Kind of like puppies would do with each other when one plays too rough. Then re direct with what you want him to bite, toy usually. I don't think you should crate him as a time out for biting, he'll start to think the crate is a bad place. As far as good chews for puppies, we just have a variety of rubber chews and soft plush toys. Stay away from rawhide since pieces of them can be swallowed and swell inside causing obstructions. It sounds like Joe is doing great for nine weeks old, hang in there he'll get the hang of what's ok to bite :lol:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You could use puppy nylabones for him , but make sure to monitor the item.  Also give him a couple of larger puppy biscuits to chew on while your gone.  

Nano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts