Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our boxer had puppies and we wanted to get the tails docked I looked up a lot about docking the tales and called some local vets none in our area would do it and the ones outside of our area wanted to charge a lot so I begin to research and find out how to do it myself I came across this technique called banding I know a lot of people are against it and some are for it but from what I could see it was the simple choice for our situation so the tales were banded and all was well two of the puppies bands came off we looked up what to do in the situation and some said to go ahead and cut the end off well we did it out female had five puppies and all of their tails look great from doing this until I got to the last one I measured her tail just like I did the rest and banded it just like I did the rest and still something different happen the end of her tail seems to be flat and raw while the others are pretty and rounded The puppies are a week old Now and the one with the raw tail worries me should we take her to the vet as small as she is I know that we have to dr it and keep it clean of course I don’t know why her tail turned out the way it did when the rest turned out so well please any experience with this and helpful advice as soon as possible my heart goes out to this little baby and it’s all my fault PLEASE HELP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts