Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for advice or if anyone else has had similar issues. Katum our 5yr old boxer has been pacing, whining, drinking ok but not eating well, has lost about 20 pounds.. sometimes I find him standing and just staring in a corner or at the floor, sleeping a lot over all just not his self! Like he feels like crap. I had him to the vet they did blood work it’s all good and they seem to be at a loss.. did give him pain meds for what they think might be his hips bothering him but it’s been 3 days no improvement. He goes back to to the vet Monday for a full work up in the mean time I feel so helpless for him. Anyone else have similar issues?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
A 20 pound weight loss?? WOW ... something is not right?? I know it sound's trite and easy to say ... but you do need a "Second Opinion." Cuz "something is clearly not right!" And I am so sorry you guy's are going thru this ... hopefully, you'll be able to find some answers and he will be Ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking for advice or if anyone else has had similar issues. Katum our 5yr old boxer has been pacing, whining, drinking ok but not eating well, has lost about 20 pounds.. sometimes I find him standing and just staring in a corner or at the floor, sleeping a lot over all just not his self! Like he feels like crap. I had him to the vet they did blood work it’s all good and they seem to be at a loss.. did give him pain meds for what they think might be his hips bothering him but it’s been 3 days no improvement. He goes back to to the vet Monday for a full work up in the mean time I feel so helpless for him. Anyone else have similar issues?
My boxer ate a pacifier. So I would have an x-ray done ASAP. Same symptoms. Good luck. Let us know what happens.

·
Super Moderator
7,084 Posts
Blood work, Xrays to rule out a mass or foreign body to start. This is an emergency so the sooner the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts