Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: hi everyone!! just wondering what people think of this problem im having with rossi....well  basically he wee's on his bed all the time and my sofa...anything he can scratch around under his paws!!! its driving me mental!!!! i wash his bed...he wee's on his bed...he gets left in the living room by himself he wee's on the sofa!!! why????? can anyone help me please?? michelle x x x x

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Hmmm...
How old is he?  How often do you take him out?  We took Henry out once every hour for the first couple of weeks, just until he got used to going out.  Usually dogs like to have the urine go away, so they like to go on something absorbant.
I don't know.  Sorry.
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
If I remember right Rossi is 6 mos. right? He's still a puppy & depending on how long you have had him and how he was trained prior to you getting him, could have something to do with it. It also sounds like he may be suffering from separation anxiety a bit.
First thing you need to do is get some Nature's Miracle, it's a spray that you can use that will totally eliminate any odors left from Rossi peeing..Start from scratch, start taking him out every hour or so, when you go out the door, tell him "go potty", reinforce it & reward him when he does. Keep water away from him in the evening & limit it during the day. Are you using a crate? If not, I would recomend it, not as a punishement, but as a place where Rossi can go to get away, also I would try having him sleep in there...
There's a lot more & I'm sure someone else will fill in the blanks that I forgot, but that's a start....Keep us posted & feel free to ask away if you have any problems

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Maybe its more about being alone.  Maggie has a terrible case of seperation anxiety!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: rossi is 6 months old,and he does have a crate and he goes in it whenever we are eating,do you guys put your doggies in there crates at night?? he sleeps in there fine,but i just thought he would be happier out and about...maybe it is a better idea to put him in there at night time from now on!!!! bless him.x xmichelle   if you wanna see a piccy of him log onto our website www.familyandpets.fotopic.net you will also see piccys of my little monkey joey!!! dont worry not a real monkey just my son!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Shell, we kept Jessie crated during the day for a few weeks.  We decided to leave her out to see how she was and she was perfect.  So we keep her out during the day while we are at work.  We just moved to a new apartment so we have her gated in the kitchen area.

She usually sleeps with us at night though!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Daisy goes in her cage for short periods of time when we are out. When she was a puppy and not fully toilet trained she stayed in her cage at night, but now she goes loose in our bedroom.
Rossi is still a pup really at 6 months. I do remember that it took us a long time to fully toilet train Daisy but we did get there in the end and now she is as good as gold!
Simple solution stain remover is brilliant. We've always used that to clean up after accidents.
Rossi wees on your sofa- Daisy decided to eat her way through the cushions on ours when she was left alone loose in our lounge! When she was little though she did used to jump onto our bed and do a big excitement wee all over it! Thankfully she's grown out of that!

Heather

·
Registered
105 Posts
As my experience so far with Chato, he still wees here and there when I get too busy on the comp and don't see that he gets up and outta his open crate. Usually it is right in front of the door, which I think it means it was my fault for not keeping an eye out. About 95% of the time he will go outside. I do take him out frequently, thank God I have the time right now while he is a pup, because college hours for my nutrition program can be hectic! I just started crate training him last week. So far so good, only 1 "wee" on his crate bed. He will cry for about 5min, then go to sleep. If he is persistent and keep crying and crying, then I know he needs to go out again. Crate training will teach them bladder control as well.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I would definitely try crating him at nite for a bit and see how that works....Like Chatito said, it will help teach them control, but don't forget, if you wake up in the middle of the nite, so will Rossi, so you need to take him out... :)

Separation anxiety is also a real possibility like Jessie's Mom says.. Boxers are very "people orientated" and when they can't be with their peeps, things happen..Samson has issues with being left in strange places, so he gets crated. My other 2 had issues after they got out of quarantine...

Be patient, he's still a puppy & such a cutie too...Boxers love schedules, so if you can get him into a routine that should help also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts