Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inadvertantly taught Zoey the command "inside".  Now I can yell it at her from anywhere in the yard and she runs for the nearest door.  Daisy picked it up very quickly too.  They both go and sit at the door until I come over and open it for them.  We live in a sub-division in norhtern VA & it's very busy.  There are always kids playing & other dogs.  I use it if there is something going on out in the street that I want them to stay away from.  
There are some very irrsponsible people down the street who have an aggressive dog and don't keep an eye on him.  He started to come into my yard growling at Zoey & Daisy.  They were between him & me, but the basement door was cracked and closer to both of us than him.  I yelled "INSIDE" & they both bolted for the basement door.  Zoey pushed it open w/ her nose for them to go in the house & I was able to get inside and shut it before he got to them.
Anyway, it's not a conventional command, but it has been very useful in our household.  It also impresses people when I say "Zoey, Daisy... inside!" & they run for the door.  It gives the impression that my girls are very well trained...if only.    :lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
That is great!  You have some very smart little girls!  Wonder if our two are too old to learn that!  It would come in very handy.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
LOL! That's great! And they are well trained on some level or they wouldn't have responded like that in a distressing situation!  Good job!  

I think one of the thing I love about my boxers(and I will have to ask if others have seen this) is that they are VERY sensitive to tone of voice and respond quickly if they sense a problem!

WTG Zoey & Daisy!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Love the command "inside" WTG Zoey and Daisey :lol:  Most valuable command Donner knows is "wait" then he waits for the word "ok" before he'll move. Really handy when getting out of the car by a busy street or going out the house door where there might be something to chase. :D  Good job listening Zoey and Daisey.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Way to go  Zoey and Daisey!! Such smart babies. I agree, its great to have a command that would be good in those dangerous situations. This post brought a smile to my face, great work!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is actually a good command...High fives to Daisy & Zoey for learning it and listening when it really mattered.... :)  Yes Jeanene, mine definitely know by the tone of my voice when I mean business....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for the advise i need to teach Haven (Inside) it would be very helpful. Sometimes she just looks at me like hey i am not ready yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts