Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we had our first "cold" front the day before yesterday.  Lots of wind!  Blowing the pecans out of the trees and the berries off the crepe myrtle.  Henry ate a couple of pecans, all the doggies do around here.  But he ate a LOT of crepe myrtle berries.  This morning he's having some dry heaves and a very loud rumbly tummy.

Are crepe myrtle berries bad or poisonious for dogs?  I know some plants can be.  I'm gonna call the vet later and ask them.

OY!  If it's not one thing, it's another! :roll:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Looks like they are non-poisonous.  There is a website that list non-poisonous and crepe myrtle is on it!  yEAH!  I know my dogs don't digest nuts well and the berries might be having an effect also.  Poor little guy.  Maybe that will teach him but don't count on it.  Hope he gets over it soon.

Nano

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thank you!  I looked them up to after I posted.  Duh!  It's too early in the morning for this mess! :lol:

I think maybe just that he ate soooo many.  We got home from school and Henry ran straight to the crepe myrtle and started lapping them up like candy! :roll:   Silly puppy! :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh the things our babies find to eat...Our Hickory tree is dropping nuts, mostly the ones the squirels have discarded, same with the oaks, Angel just likes to play with them, throws them around in the yard...lol....Hope Henry starts feeling better, mine have never touched the berries from Crepe Myrtles, yet....

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sorry Henry's not feeling well this morning and hope his tummy calms down real soon.  They are a challenge with the crazy thing they get into and eat.  Keep us posted as to how he is doing.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Henry ate crepe myrtle berries - update

Henry is doing better.  Still blowing some nasty toots, but feeling better.

Went to vet to weigh.  He gained back the four pounds he lost.  So he is back to 58 pounds. :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear he is better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts