Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the boys are in the house they play hard some times,but not too bad.Henry is Ok with Marx even if Marx sometimes steel his toy or food,but when I take them out, Henry becomes bully...Today Henry ring the bell to go peepee,so I took them both out.Marx dropped and did his business rightaway and so I praise him.Well Henry runs full speed into him.You know how I feel about that!!!.. since the incident with Marx.So I took Henry and put him in the kennel and took Marx into the house.After 15 min. I let Henry out,put him on his leash and let him finish his business .I am wondering if I did the right thing,because when Henry was in the kennel he cried and Marx cried on the porch.So I upset  both of them.Wonder if Marx thought he was being punished too.What do you think I should  do about it.He is like that everyday with Marx when outside....only outside!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Maybe he's just trying to establish pack order instead of bullying?  Sounds like maybe he's trying to say he's the boss of the yard.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah,that's fine ,but Henry is almost 20lb.heavier than Marx!!I can't have him doing that!But I also want them to play and not to have to worry all the time.Marx sometime yelps in pain and rolls,thats how hard Henry knocks into him.See my dilemma?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sometimes, doesn't happen a lot, when Kiah and Keegan play one of them will yip, I don't interfere as the yip is letting the other know they are playing too rough.  They seem to ease up a bit and don't play as rough after that.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ours play like that some.  Usually I'll take a magazine and hit the table and that gets there attention.  Followed by enough.  They really get like this when they've been in there crates for some time.

G

·
0 Posts
I had the same problems with Binga.  When she was quite a bit bigger than Bear she would downright tackle him.  Scared me a lot.  She would even do it when he was trying to potty.  Really ticked me off cause he got tinkle everywhere.  I would yell NO at her and distract her enough that she would stop.  She got NO yelled at her enough that I think she got the hint.  

Now when we got outside I make her come sit by me first for a minute.  Seems to calm her down a little.  

I wish I knew what to tell you to help, but I know how frustrating it is.  :(

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sounds like our house, especially being rougher play outside!! They both have little bloody dings and limps occasionally. I'm inclined to not interfere unless the volume indicates that it's not playing anymore!! I know what you mean about size difference too, Donner is 76 lbs and Blitzen is MAYBE 37 lbs (not sure since a temporary food strike and lots of play outside have slimmed her down) Donner runs into her at full speed and rolls her across the yard. I used to be terrified when she was very small at how rough he was but she is a wild woman and has always given back AT LEAST as much as she takes!! (bites his legs and ears like a pyrhanna )  Your situation is different because of the health concern. Maybe instead of letting the play get too rough call them to a sit/stay and reward the quieter behavior?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote="DonnersMom\";p=\"117281":2ylmtaks]Sounds like our house, especially being rougher play outside!!  

1 - 10 of 10 Posts