Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now I'm worried.  When we went to the vet the other day, doc gave us some medicine to settle Henry's tummy and he was doing fine.  But this morning, about 4:30, he vomited again.  :?  Any idea as to why?  I figured I could get some answers from you guys before the vet opens up this morning.  
Thanks,
Zhanna

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Poor Henry.  :(  What is he vomiting? Is it food, or bile? (Yellow foamy stuff) Have you tried yogurt? If I don't give Maddie yogurt every night, it's pretty much guaranteed she will wake by 3 a.m. and throw up, usually bile. I just give her about 2 tablespoons of plain low fat unsweetend yogurt every night and she is fine. I like the stoneyfield farms brand, because of all the good probiotics in it.
I hope Henry is feeling better. {{{Hugs}}}

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was mostly food, some yellow stuff.  I've been mixing his medicine in plain yogurt.  The only thing different yesterday from the last few days is my son gave Henry a piece of cheese.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hope he is feeling better soon.  Our Teaki threw up ALOT, we could find nothing wrong with her but the food.  We kept changing foods until we found one she could tolerate well and since then over a year and she has only been sick twice.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Poor Henry, I hope he starts feeling better and let us know what the vet says, ok? Give that sweetie a nice hug for me..

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it may be the cheese.
Monday he had cheese, got stung by the bug, moped around the house.
Tuesday vomit, go to vet, no cheese.
Wed. - no cheese, no prob.
Thurs. - cheese, Fri., vomit.
Hmmmmm . . . .  :think:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
It may be the cheese as you said.  I know if I give Lola something new..a treat or bone that she's never had she ends up getting sick.  But I'm no expert so you may want to call the vet!  Poor Henry...hope he's feeling better soon!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope he is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK.  So doc says it was probably the cheese.  It was just that it was a kind of cheese he had never had before.

So Henry's fine, but now I'm sick! :roll:

I'm going to the doc tomorrow!

Z

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't know if this helps....but when Millie was alive, she would vomit out of the blue.  I would give her a small bit of food, and that would seem to help.  I don't know if she was just overly hungry, but if I made sure she had a little something on her tummy before she went to bed, it seemed as though she was able to make it through the night with no vomiting.  Also, I had to keep her on a special diet....low residue Eukinuba.  That really seem to help everything.  I wish you the best of luck.  I'd love to know what works for you!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are you giving Henry kibble? Macy throws up if she eats too fast and I don't soak her kibble in some water. You might want to try that out too. Probably was the cheese, but soaking the food, might help as well.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been soaking the kibble and giving him a little less until his tummy has a chance to settle down.

No vomit now for two days! :dance:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yup, it was the cheese! Glad Henry is feeling better..Sorry to hear that you are getting sick. Hope you feel better real quick.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Glad to hear Henry is feeling better. Now you need to get yourself well!  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad he is doing better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
So glad your Henry is doing well.    Hoping you feel better real soon.

·
Registered
948 Posts
glad henry is feeling better now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts