Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Henry has gotten the ieda in his head that it is better to trot than walk.  It's really cute to see his ears bouncing all the time, but can get annoying.
Also, will all the trotting hurt his recovering leg?  There is just the slightest hitch in his walk and trot.  And he refuses to stand on that leg.  He will lean to one side to avoid putting weight on the leg.  Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hmm, Zhanna I would think if he is favoring that leg, he probably shouldn't be doing anything but walking..I know it takes a long time to heal from that, but wouldn't hurt to ask the vet....Henry is just determined to get back to normal, one way or another isn't he?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I dig the Henry Trotter

Henry Trotter and the Sorcerer's Kong

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm constantly telling him to just walk, but he doesn't listen very well.  Poor baby, he just wants to run! :roll:

And yes, Henry Trotter/Harry Potter!  Ha! :lol:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but what about the leg?  Am I being too worried about him not standing on it? :?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd say just let him do his thing.  If he's trotting or running or whatever, just maybe make sure it's not on hard pavement.  Let him do his thing where it's soft, like the grass.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww Henry, silly boy! I'm just picturing him trotting along LOL  :) I agree with Deapee, I wouldn't worry about it for now if it's on grass. Maybe Sharon can give you some advice when she gets back?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts