Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I didn't post this yesterday, but I was distracted by all the St. Patty's Day stuff. :D

Went to the vet yesterday for a check up on the leg.  Doc says it seems to be healing well.  Henry hasn't limped in more than a week.  He did say two more weeks of restriction without the meds to see how Henry does.  Doc also says that we can walk more, just make sure it is walking, not trotting, running, etc.

So we're getting there! :D   Thanks for all the prayers, I know they've helped! :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
So glad to hear Henry's leg is healing nicely. Must be killing him being in slow down mode for so long. We're all sending healing thoughts from up here in New York. Get well tough guy.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Hey Zhanna! Good news for you.  Keep him restricted and don't give in to his wanting to use it too hard.  Start him with short walks and progress with longer ones as you see no pain response.  Think rehab and we'll all keeping praying and hoping it is a strain healing itself.  It is very hard to diagnose a torn ACL on a dog so that was hopefully not what it was.

Nano

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is great news, hope it heals completely and he can get back to playing like a boxer.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Glad to hear that Henry is on the road to a good recovery!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes!  Praise God!  Good news.

BUT!  Forgot to mention that he has tapeworms! :roll:
But doc gave some meds and said one dose is all it takes to kill them.  So at least that's a quick fix.

Dogs get tapeworms from ingesting fleas.  Since Henry doesn't have fleas, he prob. got the worms from the birds he's been killing and eating. :roll:
Oh well, at leas they're gone now. :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ashley is thrilled Henry is doing so well!! ( me too!)
Kinda funny, but my DH thinks Henry is the best looking male on here, and keeps asking.."how's Henry doing??"
Sheesh, how far is Damon from San Antonio...he'll probably want to meet his dream dog someday..lol ( or at least get your breeders name so we can get Ashley a Henry look-a-like!  :lol:

·
Registered
725 Posts
AshleysMom\";p=\"95872 said:
Ashley is thrilled Henry is doing so well!! ( me too!)
Kinda funny, but my DH thinks Henry is the best looking male on here, and keeps asking.."how's Henry doing??"
Sheesh, how far is Damon from San Antonio...he'll probably want to meet his dream dog someday..lol ( or at least get your breeders name so we can get Ashley a Henry look-a-like!  :lol:
So glad Henry is feeling better! I bet he can't wait to romp around!

My boyfriend also says that Henry is a great looking guy (he doesn't comment much!!)...he hopes Gus grows up to look like him! LOL

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
So glad Henry is on his way to recovery - I can only imagine how hard it has been to keep him restricted.

G

·
0 Posts
Yay Henry!  I can TOTALLY relate to the poor guy..it's terrible to be in slow down restriction mode when you just want to go go go!  lol...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Soo glad to hear Henrys recovery is going well! Don't know how you've managed to keep him quiet, good job :clap: Hang in there a couple more weeks :wink:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote="AshleysMom\";p=\"95872":8rwolhnq]Ashley is thrilled Henry is doing so well!! ( me too!)
Sheesh, how far is Damon from San Antonio...he'll probably want to meet his dream dog someday..lol ( or at least get your breeders name so we can get Ashley a Henry look-a-like!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Great news Zhanna about Henry, so glad to hear that...Keeep it up Big Boy and soon you wil be back to normal.... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts