Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't shared any pix of Lilly in a while so here ya go...Some of them are overly pixelated, any recommendations on that would be appreciated...I'm also gonna put them in my album so you'll be able to see the better version of the pictures...Enjoy!!!

Liz and Lilly

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She doesn't look bored she looks comfy sleeping next to you.  Lilly is so pretty, I just love her eyes.

:bsofftopic:   Haven't heard anything about Flossie(SP) since yesterday.  Is the storm coming any closer to Hawaii and will it cause any problems for you?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Nice pictures, and no Lilly does not look bored at all just very comfy. Also love the profile!  :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are expecting it to pass us directly in the very least.  Based on looking at its present course and the lack of change in that course there is a definite fear that we will get NAILED or it'll be a really close call (90 miles south of us which is just like getting nailed!!!  The biggest prob we're having right ow is that it's a Cat 4 and has winds at 140 mph with gusts of 160 mph (if I'm not mistaken) and even when it hits our cooler waters and slows down and degrades a bit it's likely to still be a hurricane.  They are expecting us to start getting the weather off of it today or tomorrow.  We are already getting the winds from it.  As of right now they are VERY concerned because of the little change in its path (only changed slightly southward) and when it does hit or pass us it will only have slowed marginally and will still be a hurricane (Cat 2 in the very least).  Right now it's about 600 miles from us, but when something is moving at 140-160 miles per hour straight at you, that isn't far to go.

Its funny you asked that because I'm sitting here and I can HEAR the wind (I can't hear crap and I can hear the wind).  Its another beautiful sunny day in Hawaii.  You would never know there is a HUGE hurricane barreling toward us!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Let us know as you hear more.  Hope it takes a big turn away from you.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is believed that even if it does shift course more that the change won't be significant enough to make much difference because it is already so close.  Either way it goes, we are gonna get nailed by something coming off of it.  Probably bad rain (can we say flooding is potential) and even heavier winds.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Good Lord...good luck. A category 4 hurricane ripped through here in 2004, Charlie, about 30 miles north of me. It was pure hell! I was 8 months pregnant with my son and didn't have any power or water for a week. Talk about a moody b**ch! My poor hubby.  :oops:  I hope it makes a sharp turn and misses you completely. I'll keep fingers and paws crossed for ya!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The info on Hurricane Flossie I posted was apparently old news.

Update:

As of 0800 am this morning (HST) Flossie was 470 miles from the Big Island (670 from Oahu).  Big Island is on a hurricane watch and because it isn't expected to get close enough to us to feel the effects until tomorrow (winds today are the start of it...always is) it could still suddenly change path (those of you familiar with urricanes [as in those who have lived through the such as Lisa aka tootsie] know how quickly and suddenly it can change) and plow through Big Island or the whole island chain for that matter.

Ill keep you posted as this progresses.  Next update is supposed to be at 1100 HST.

Liz and Lilly

1 - 20 of 35 Posts