Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mains points:

Dogs over 20Kg must have (basics):

-licol (gentle leader type of apparatus) or
-harness
-leash no longer than 1.85 meters (
-must be registered (medal worn at all time-always been,already being enforced)
-must be leashed at all time on public domain,no exceptions (always been,will be enforced)
-muzzle for all pitbull-types dogs at all time on public domain
-retractable dog leashes banned ( I call those fishing poles)

Yet today on my walks I still see dogs let loose everywhere,no harnesses on bigger dogs and banned leashes on most...I know its only applied tomorrow but dayum...in some instances,fines will triple or quadruple++...i.e. from $150 to $750

Its gonna hurt

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm in the States and we have leash laws in our area. Our trainer would not do off leash training, as he said we have no need for it, since it is against the law to have your dog off leash. Of course we have still done some but in our enclosed backyard,. Kai is pretty good he doesn't bolt out the door, at least not so far, from day 1 he had to sit while we walked out the door then free timed him to follow. In some ways I dislike these laws but they have come about because of irresponsible dog owners. We do have some around here, big dog, pittbull types and they will be loose and the owner says they are friendly . I don't care keep your dog next to you and not me. Good luck with the new laws.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 2 months with me Layla will stay around me but Marshall would wander and do his own thing...I feel I have yet to bond with the dude but he sure likes me...not there yet.

Layla pays attention most of the time to where I`m at and what I do but Marshall just walk front then back...lead then trail....gotta work oh him

1 - 3 of 3 Posts