Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that my 10y/o Boxer Dixie has been having a hard time jumping up on the bed.  She is on medicine for her hips but I guess age + cold weather + a tall bed is too much.  Soooo I got an idea.  I posted on Freecycle that I needed a crib mattress, bought some flannel crib sheets and viola' instant doggybed!  All for less than $7.00!  I placed it at the foot of our bed so that she is still with me. She LOVES it.   Now I think I might get another for the den.
Just call me Martha Stewart!
:lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, great idea Martha....Samson also can't get on the bed on his own either, we have to boost him up..I even bought steps, which he refuses to use  :lol: I think I insulted him...I just bought a therapeutic bed for him actually that I keep in the office

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That really is a great idea!  :)  Now I wish I would've kept the kids' crib mattress. There was nothing wrong with it, and yes it would have made a great doggy bed!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Delilah has a crib mattress for a bed too! She doesn't sleep on it much though ;) hahaha.
the travel crib mattresses fit really well in the large size crates too, but apparently are fun to tear up.

G

·
0 Posts
Hmm thats a good idea.... IF soemone were to stitch a cover like a pillowcse over the mattress EBAY would be a hot place to be with the cost of doggy beds...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts