Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was saying in another thread that Maverick has not learned shake after 2 months...after seeing heather's video of Kash i started using the word "paw" today and within 10 mins he was doing the trick...he usually forgets things the next day and has to be reminded but im glad he is finally making progress. :) im so proud. We went on a walk today to relieve some stress so maybe that helped. it's been horrible weather the last couple days so we havent been out as much...I took a few pics so i will try and post them later :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Good boy Maverick.  Its finally started clearing up late this afternoon after several days of rain.  Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 70, can't wait to finish my yard work.

G

·
0 Posts
Thats great!  I didn't think to use the word "paw" either.  We say shake.  Binga knows the hand movements now and will do it without us saying anything.  My hubby will now say "congratulations" and shake her paw.  Its hilarous  

I hate when its bad weather and you can't let them outside to play   :(     makes them AND us stir crazy.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Oh, good boy Maverick. I worked with Max on this too. I guess we were all inspired today!!!!

I learned today that Max will sell his soul for a Honey Nut Cheerio!

He was starting to get the idea, scooting his foot forward but never lifted it independently. I think he'll get it eventually. I've learned so much on here.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha i just decided to change the word because i thought we needed a fresh start on the trick...it worked but tomorrow he might forget it...when he gave me the paw for the first time i had a fit nearly and he looked at me like "oh this is what youve been trying for the last 2 months? simple enough now give me the treat"....Shari..I tried bang bang...i tried rolling him like you said and he acted like i was murdering him and ran off....it's on my list tho.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
We use the word paw too, its what my dad used to say to ours when we were growing up so i think it kinda stuck! :D

Boxers are so clever, im sure the little guy will get the hang of it in no time :D , then he will be at the point where he will sit and paw at the sight of a treat without a single word :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, guess the  :idea: went off in Mav's head huh?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Good boy Maverick!! Isn't it funny how changing a command word sometimes causes the light bulb moment??? When I was trying to teach Donner "bow" he just couldn't get it. When I changed it to "manners" he caught on right away!!! Gotta work on that "bang - bang" tooooo funny!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts