Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you all know i was going to nursing school. I made the deans list with a GPA of 3.8. Then it happened......Chance started having seizures. And with no one being here with him through the day it worried me. So i had to drop out of school. He is having about 1 a week and the vet is seeing him often to check on him. He doesnt feel there is anything to be concerned about at this point but i am glad that i am home with him so i can keep an eye on him. So i guess i will be on here alot more like i used to be. I will keep you all updated on him but in the mean time here is a recent picture of him....Oh my maybe i am biased but he is just such a handsome man....

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
He is just too cute!  And so white!!  How old is he now?  So sorry to hear about his seizures and you having to drop out of school!  I hope they find out what's going on with him soon!  Good luck with everything.  How's Layla by the way??

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Your not biased Chance is a hansome man.  So sorry to hear about the seizures, but with you worried about him classes would have been more difficult then they normally are.  Hope they find out what is wrong and you can get back to school.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ah Tami, I am so sorry to hear this.....Sorry about Chance and also that you had to drop out of school. It would have been hard to really concentrate I would think being soo worried about him....Hugs to both of you and hoping that you get some answers real soon...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Good to hear from you, I was wondering.....I'm so, so sorry for Chance and for you. Such a disappointment for you when you were doing so well in school  :(   I agree, the added worry about Chance would have made it impossible to concentrate and would have tanked your GPA. Take some time off, get things with Chance straightened out, then go back and hit the books :wink: Let us know how it's going. Give Chance a big hug from me and wiggles from Donner.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Hey Tami...good to hear from you, but wish it was better news.   :( Poor Chance, I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious. Chance is looking great, he has grown so much!! Keep us updated on how the little guy is doing. Hugs from Sadie and me.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope they find out what is causing the seizures in Chance. I know what you are going through.  :(  I hope all gets resolved real quick and that you can restart your education. It will all work out for you and Chance!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I hope they get to the bottom of it really soon for you and get him on something to control his sez-activity.  Also, it sounds like you were doing very well in school so i hope you go back!!!!  Sometimes it is not easy, but in the long run being in the field of nursing is a great one!!!  Good luck to both of you!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
im so sorry to hear about this..i hope they find something that helps SOON...its hard to drop out of school when you were doing so well..i know..i have done it twice in the past when my sons autism issues first came up at age 2..you ll go back & work it all out though:D

i know theres alot of clinicals but are there any courses that you could do at home? even to get a few out of the way? credits that they would take?..

wishing you all the best..give Chance some boxer kisses and a few extra white ones from Isis :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hope they are able to get his seizures under control soon.  He is such a handsome (and ohhh so cute) boy!  Sorry to hear about nursing school.....hopefully you will be able to go back once things with Chance are figured out.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhhhhh...you guys are all sooooo wonderful!!! Me and Chance really appreciate all the kind words and boxer kisses and wiggles! He hasnt had a seizure in a few days so that is good! He is growing like a weed. He weighs 55 pounds now..OMG he is as big as my lab and she is 3 yrs old....wow. But he is the BIGGEST baby ever!!! and the biggest lap dog. But i wont lie.....I LOVE IT!!! Thanks again to all. We love you all so much for always being there for us and everyone else!!!

G

·
0 Posts
wow...i couldn't imagine dropping out of school for my dogs...school is much too important to me...that must have been a hard choice for you...i hope he gets better so you can go back to school

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
It's so good to hear from you again and I'm glad you're going to be on the site more now.  I am sorry to hear about Chance's problem and like everyone else just hope you can pick up your classes again when he is stable again.  Good luck to both of you.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
AWHHHHH!! My BOY!!!? I HAD NO CLUE!!! I'M SOOOOO SORRY!!!!! Hopefully they'll figure out what's causing it and get him ALL BETTER!!  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Sorry you had to drop out of school... that's SOOO IMPORTANT but of course... so is Chance... that must of been tough... must BE tough!!

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts