Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my first dog!!  I just got a 7 wk old baby boy, Sir Remi.  I brought him home on Saturday, I'm so excited.  But, he has vomitted about 4 or 5 times since I've had him and he isn't eating or drinking much.  Should I be worried?  :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
I would take him to the vet ASAP....pups need to be checked out when brought home, plus vomiting is not good..it can lead to dehydration *esp* if he's not drinking?
where did you get him, a breeder, petstore, etc?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the life of boxers! Odin is my first boxer but not my first dog. Where did you get Sir Remi from? If it was the breeder have you called them about him being sick to inform them. He is a little young to be coming home but that doesn't make them sick like that. I'd definitely call the vet and see what they say... they'll probably want to see if. He may have a blockage or something. Definitely take him to the vet. AND keep us updated... oh and lots of pics are always great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks for the quick reply and the suggestions.  I planned on taking him to the Vet very soon hopefully tomorrow. I gave him some milk, but just found out that wasn't a good idea.  So, hopefully that's the problem.  I did get him from a breeder in Indiana, I'll give him a call also.  I took a few pics but, there not all that bright, Ill have to take some more of course.  Here are some that came out alright.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Giving him milk may be causing this vomiting. Better stick to the food he was on when you got him. That is the safest bet. 7 weeks is about a week to early. Any reason you didn't wait unitl at least 8 weeks? It's easier for his mom to teach him bite anibition that's for sure...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awww so sorry to hear hes not feeling well..that is young..hope hes feeling better....please keep us updated...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome and hope he's feeling better...Something else you can give him if his tummy is upset is boiled chicken & rice, very bland, so it won't upset that tummy...Also keep in mind, he is still very young, most breeders won't let pups go til at least 8 wks...Abrupt chages can cause any number of things, including not eating...But definitely get that little guy to the vet, you have to worry about dehydration

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope that Sir Remi is feeling better.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
congrats on your new additon. Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your baby's condition

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope all is well with Remi and it is nothing more than just an upset tummy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts