Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my names jon, i got a boxer puppy a few months ago and figured this would be a good place to find some info. his names draven and hes 6mos old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some pics of him, since ive had him. hes abut 7mos now and 50 lbs. but hes so skinny.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, any ideas on how to put some weight on him? He's eating orijen, and I give him treats during training. Also any idea how big he will get? Thanks all =)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Although orijen is great food I personally found it too rich for my guys stomach, giving him soft stool... which wasn't helping him add weight. Have you tried Acana or Fromm? Acana is from the same company as orijen, great quality but perhaps friendlier on a sensitive boxer tummy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He typically has solid stools, I was thinking of mixing wellness and orijen since he really liked the wellness food.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome. As 4Paws has said above, Acana is a great product, I have used it for a long time and you may want to give it a try and see how that goes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to get information, learn and interact with other boxer owners. Have you got everything that you need for him yet? You'll enjoy being in this forum and having your pet will be the greatest gift!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hry debbiesmith welcome, this forum rocks! You will love it! Can't wait to see your little one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This is him today. What's everyone think of his body condition? He's 50lbs =) also, I met someone who has a few rescue boxers who said that they can be a protective when they feel it's nessesary, but honestly my boy loves everyone he meets, both dogs and people. I've heard they were bred for protection once apon a time, but I just don't see that at all in mine lol. He just wants to love everyone he meets. Do they become more protective with age?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
This is him today. What's everyone think of his body condition? He's 50lbs =) also, I met someone who has a few rescue boxers who said that they can be a protective when they feel it's nessesary, but honestly my boy loves everyone he meets, both dogs and people. I've heard they were bred for protection once apon a time, but I just don't see that at all in mine lol. He just wants to love everyone he meets. Do they become more protective with age?
He is handsome, I don't think he looks skinny. Kai was also lean at that age as they really bulk up more between 18- & up, at least that is what ours did. Kai has only now started to bark when someone comes to the door or he hears a strange noise. He suddenly no longer likes seeing other dogs when we walk and will bark but I think he wants to meet and play. I'm not one for having other dogs get in my or his space so I make him sit or lie down and after about a minute he calms right down. And then he is fine, I can even walk with them at that point as he knows he has to stay in his place at my side. He isn't perfect but he is a constant work in progress. I'll post a updated picture of Kai later or tomorrow. He has bulked up quite a bit and now we are exercising him more so he doesn't get too fat. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts