Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
My name is Lynne and I live in Missouri. I am so glad I came upon this site because I will be getting my first boxer puppy next Tuesday! Oh but it is too long to wait! I decided to join the forum so I can learn a little more about boxers. I have an uncle and a friend that has boxers and they highly recommend them, so I did a little research just to make sure they were right for me. And I am happy to note that I will own one in 8 days! Oh I can't wait! I have another dog already. His name is Hershey and he is a year old. He is a mutt- but the cutest one you've ever seen. He is so obedient and I love him to death. My poor baby is so lonely though. We had another dog (well we didn't own it)but we had to give him back. My neighbor had a tumor and they found out it was cancer (only 35yrs old). She is the one that gave me Hershey so we decided we would take her dog for her while she was having treatment. (They own Hershey's brother) So now that she is all cancer free she took her dog back b/c her baby girl just started school so she gets lonely. Now Hershey just stares out the window all day! My poor baby he will walk up to me with his toy and shove it in my face so I'll play with him! How could I resist those cute puppy dog eyes? I try to keep him busy but he misses having another dog in the house! So anyway sorry that was a little more than a little info about me but I just thought I would share! I can't wait to get Jazzy (thats is what we will call my new baby).

Lynne

·
Registered
220 Posts
HI Lynne... what part of Missouri are you in?  I used to live in Kansas City and I love the fall colors there.  I am "mom" to a 14 week old fawn male- my first ever boxer and first ever puppy as an adult, and I have to say I am loving every minute of it.  He is smart and wiggly and good with my daughter.  I had him potty trained in four days.  From what I can tell, he is just like all other boxers so you will have a blast with Jazzy!  Welcome to the forum.  Is Jazzy a boy or girl btw?
~Anne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Anne.
I live in St. Louis well the actual town I live in is Florissant but its in St. Louis County. Anywho, I will be getting Jazzy Tuesday Nov, 28th. I am so excited I can barely sleep because I just want to make sure everything is perfect! I can be OCD sometimes! Hahaha. Oh and Jazzy is a girl. I am horrible picking out names so I stole it. My friend has a male boxer named Jazper- I just love that name soo much and he is the cutest boxer ever! So I decided to use it. I can't wait! Oh and Missouri is a great place for fall colors, though where I live, because of lack of rain we didn't have much color this year:( But about a 1/2 hour from here where some friends of mine live (Fenton and High Ridge) the trees were absolutely breath-taking. Plus my friends house is located on top of a hill so it was so beautiful, especially to wake up to in the morning! Ok.....well I could talk forever......but I can't wait to show everyone some pics of my new baby!

Lynne

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Lynne

My second boxer is 4 months old now and, they are such a joy and great fun to have as a pup, but my other boxer is about 15 months old now and she is still like a puppy and I believe boxers have the longest puppydom which i believe can last up to 3 years or so, which means lots of puppy love to go around! cant wait to see your pics! Enjoy!

Sian

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. Oh are you in for some fun with your baby. I love the name..Is she a fawn or a brindle? Look forward to hearing stories, you will have them & no question is too stupid to ask..we all have asked them... 8)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Two more days until you get Jazzy!!!!!!!!!   I bet you are just super excited!
~Anne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts