Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lisa any changes with Maddie's chin after the pads?

Barb, how is Kiah doing on the food/skin/stomach thing???

I was just thinking about them tonight.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Went to the vet yesterday for diarrhea problem with Kiah (not the uncontrolled kind just when she has to go).  Took another stool sample to the vet (no parasites) so the vet put her on Metronidazole 500mg 2 times a day for 5 days.  She has been on the new food for two weeks (about 3/4 new and 1/4 old at that time) and did fine until Monday.  On Sunday she did drink from some standing water at the dog park, so that is why the vet wanted to check for worms again.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Standing water sometimes  ='s coccidia, which wont show up in the sample for about a week, so keep an eye on her if it does not get better.  The Metro should stop it though.... Since she has been doing good on the food maybe it is just a fluke.....Hope she goes back to doing good and has found her food :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I was going to update you on Monday with pics. (The hubby took my camera and I won't have it back until then) I actually got a late start with the pads -  :naughty: bad mommy! So I just started using them about 4 days ago. I cannot get over the difference in such a short time. I don't think she has lifted her back leg to scratch her chin since I started using them. It's absolutely amazing to me. I would never have tried the pads since I know it is not an acne issue, but does this mean it is most probably a bacterial issue?
I can't thank you enough Sharon for all the time and all the consultations you've had with the skin experts on this issue. It could not have been an easy task for anyone just with descriptions and pictures. You have done more and showed more concern with Maddie than my current vet!  :yes: I just wished I lived closer because you would have a new client! Well, probably a bunch if we all lived closer to you! I will update again on Monday with pics.  :winkle:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thanks Sharon, I will keep an eye on her.  The pills seem to have started to help last night and even better this am.  Ditto what Lisa said about you being my vet if we were close.  Planning on moving to WI?????? :)

Lias, so glad to hear she is doing better.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol you guys, I can see us all caravanning to Mississippi to consult Sharon!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA...well I would take you all...If that were the case I could have an exclusive boxer clinic...That would be a blast but,someone would sue for that I am sure  :roll:

Lisa....Yep the first thing the dermatologist from the LSU School said was that it looked bacterial to him.  Could not really say what or why from just seeing pics.  He suggested the pads.  I am glad it is helping!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts