Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all...just wanted to introduce myself and my babies. Well lets see I'm a mom and a wife and the proud owner of two beautiful boxers. My girl, my dixie girl is 5 years old will be 6 in October. She's mostly red with black mask some white on her chest and the queen of the house. She's mainly an inside dog, she gets what she wants I think instead of saying i'm her owner it should be the other way around, lol, we jump at her request. She's just a beaut and loves to play and go on walks with us. My rebel is my male, he is reverse brindle and a year old. He's such a sweety, STUBBORN though, lol, been a lot harder to train than Dixie ever was. He's full of energy and loves to play with my boys and I swear I think he's taken on my youngest personality. He's an aggrevator, especially if you don't stop and play when he wants you too, lol...He's also an inside/outside baby.  My two wouldn't know what to do if they were treated like real dogs, lol...They think they are one of us and to be honest they are.  I posted on the general forum about my Dixie girl, think she's probably pregnant now, and really worried about that because she's never had pups before and I don't know anything about breeding or selling puppies any and all information and advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Well that's a little about us, glad to be here!!

Michelle from GA

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.  Please stick around and you will have a great sounding board and find good information.

·
Registered
880 Posts
He's very dark, these are the two that "hooked up" right?

Welcome to the forums from my dogs and me:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Michelle - - I'm brand new to the forum, not even quite sure how to go about this.  I'm divorced and almost have my two sons "grown" . . . so I have only recently added a boxer to the family again.  While my boys were younger I was so busy with cub scouts, soccer, basketball, tennis, etc. that we thought it wouldn't be fair to try and have a dog.  But one son lives on his own, and the other leaves this fall, so I recently adopted a year and a half old boxer who I have renamed Sassy because it fits her better than the name she had (Sasha) which she didn't answer to anyway.  Sassy looks very much like the boxers I had growing up, but I believe she is a mix.  Her legs are longer than I would expect of a full breed, and her body lines almost make you think of a grey hound with such a deep chest and slender waist.  But she is a beauty, and 100% LOVE.  Now I can't imagine how I got by without a dog for so many years (20).

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome from VA--It seems like people that bring up the topic of "breeding" always get jump at--BUT don't let that get to you-- there is a lot of great info. here to learn!! So welcome-- your babies are cute!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
welcome to the forum. i read one of your older posts when you were considering breeding, i didnt realize you meant dixie and rebel...this may be a stupid question but how do you know if a dog is pregnant for sure? do you have to go to the vet for ultrasound or is there some test pee stick type thing? or are you just guessing that she is pregnant because they "hooked up"

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to boxerforums!.....great looking boxers you have there :D ....this is a great forum, lots of information, and very knowledgeable folks here...I've learned so much since I've been here, and I love it :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts