Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just a quick intro i have already posted but thought i would just give a little background on me. Im Paul I live in the UK with my partner and our 3 children the eldest is 4. We have a border terrier called natty. Never i a million years did i think we would get a boxer as like other people i had judged them as being aggressive dogs but after meeting one in the park i was hooked, i went home and started to read up on them and found that they are one of the best dogs with children. Since deciding that we wanted a boxer when i mention it to people they alway look the same and say " why do you want one of those big things they drool and never calm down " Im starting to get annoyed and protective over the breed already. We went to visit a few breeders over the weekend and found one we were very happy with and we decided on a male and we are due to collect him next week. I cant wait to collect Elmo and im off till the new year then so its perfect although my partner is home all day anyway normally. I have a question regarding the food I would like some advice with the breeder feeds all her dogs a food called wainwrights i did a few searches and a few people were moaning about this food, should i stick to this or go for jwb?

·
Super Moderator
13,468 Posts
:) Welcome from NJ
I'm not familiar with those two dog food brands, as we don't have them here in the states, but I'm sure you'l get a few opinions.

Congrats on Elmo - would love to see some pics !

:)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Congratulations!!! What an incredible breed our boxers are, eh??

Can't wait to see pictures of Elmo and watch him grow!

OOh, and about the drooling - none of the boxers I have owned have ever drooled, unless they had just finished drinking. But, that's just my experience.

Try to find a grain free, corn free dog food. Boxers have a sensitive belly, and they have an intolerance (most dogs do) to grains and corn. Finding the right food can be challenging, all the best to you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome!!! Congrats on your new guy Elmo!!!! Can't wait to see pix!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see pics of Elmo! LOVE his name :) about the food, I personally would keep him on the food the breeder has him on for now. No need to change the food if he's doing good on it..

My guys eat ProPlan...most will disagree with me here but it's what they will eat and are doing fantastic on it, we have tried everyfood under the sun lol. It's whatever works for your dog

1 - 11 of 11 Posts