Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color=indigo:1igiunbc][i:1igiunbc]I just wanted to say Hello to all of you. I am so very glad I got to join this forum. I have a 1 year old female Boxer named Newt. She is what I call "my problem child". However I wouldn't trade her in for anything, she is my life.
Newt has had issues since the day I got her. She has had Kennel cough, a broken leg, hives(from a retention pond), a hystiocytoma on her neck(which turned out to heal in less than 2 weeks),an eye ulceration as well as eye infection and now for the new problem, intestinal bleeding. None of which has changed this little girls spirit! I love to do research each time the vet gives me medications for her,I have read several books and have viewed several sites on Boxers, If there is anyone out there that can't find the answer, please feel free to ask me and if I can I shall help you in your research. Not all is what it seems when taking our (kids) aka Boxers to the vets. Some vets don't know the breed other than the name of.... and this can be harmful to your baby! My Biggest fear is when a vet doesn't know about Boxers and ACEPROMAZINE(ACE).. this is a sedative used to tranquilize your dog for X-rays and other procedures... BOXERS CAN NOT HAVE THIS! My vet had no clue nor did I until I did the research, so first thing I did was show her the site and now Newt has this on her chart Not to be given this.It can be fatal!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome! newt sure is cute. sorry she is having soo many issues. hopefully things will get better!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome to the forum! Newt sure is a cutie, she has such a sweet expression!  :D  Sorry to hear about all the health issues she has battled in her 1st year already.
Feel free to jump in with any questions or tips you may have. Oh...and we are picture fanatics here!  :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to you and Newt! OMG she is such a cutie pie!.....sorry to hear she is having so many complications

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is something I made of Newt in her first 6 months,Thank you for the Welcomes and wishes :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Newt is a cutie..Sorry to hear about her health issues, it's so hard on us when our babies aren't feeling well...She sound slike a fighter tho. Look forward to hearing more about her :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Wow!  She is a cutie!  I love the pic of the two of you by the water both looking at the camera....too cute!  Sorry to hear about all the problems she's had at such a young age.  Hope she starts doing better.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to say again, I love Boxers... I love all the pics all of you post! I left Newts Ears floppy due to her having surgery on her leg, I didnt want to put her through another thing, and when I got her she was too old to have her tail cropped, Man oh man I tell ya that tail is like a whip! Newt is a fighter and I actually have a lot of time in the day to spend with her, I think the saying is true... "A Happy Dog is a Healthy Dog".. or did I say it backwards? If so I like the way I say it best :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum; Newt is a cutie, love the picture collage.  So sorry that she is having so many problems, hopefully she will grow out of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts